Chapter Twenty-Eight

Once Aiden dropped Isabella off at her house, he drove back to his, thinking about what his friend would do about Matthew

Once Aiden dropped Isabella off at her house, he drove back to his, thinking about what his friend would do about Matthew. He was worried about her. He was afraid she would make the wrong decision and keep getting those beatings.

Aiden had never seen Isabella so vulnerable. Ever since she was little, she was so energetic, happy, and talkative, but since she met Matthew, she'd changed. She was quiet, never went out anywhere except for school, and now she was controlled by the man who hurt her.

If Aiden hadn't promised Isabella to not hurt her boyfriend, he would have beaten the living hell out of him. He would have possibly killed him with his bare hands, just like Matthew would have done to him if he found out he knew about the abuse.

No one deserved to be treated like this. Isabella didn't deserve to be treated like this. It made him furious that someone would touch her so violently. The next time he saw Matthew, he didn't know what he would do. He wanted to tear him apart. He wished she would listen and see what he was trying to tell her about the dangerous situation she was in.

Aiden parked his car in the driveway, got out of the vehicle, and went to his house. When he stepped inside, he saw his aunt, Nicole, sitting on the couch watching Family Feud.

"Hey, Nicole," he greeted, tossing his keys on the table next to the front door.

"Hi, sweetie," she replied, still watching the screen as the host asked a question to a family member. Aiden walked around the couch and sat beside the older woman, making himself comfortable. "How was your day?"

"It was great. I hung out with Bella and we went to the beach."

"I'm glad you two are talking again." Nicole faced her nephew and smiled. "I was afraid that you would never make up after the fight you guys had."

"Yeah, I know," he murmured.

Nicole stood up and made her way to the kitchen. "I made dinner if you want some, and clean up the floor, there's sand everywhere."

Aiden looked down at the floor to see a trail of sand from the front door to the couch.

He rolled his eyes.

Nicole would sometimes act like a strict parent, but Aiden loved her to death. She was the only mother figure he had ever known. She took care of him when his biological mother left.

He wondered why his mother left him to be with the man that changed his life forever. He tried not to think about his past, but it was hard to forget when the memories would flash back into his mind every day. He couldn't get rid of them.

Aiden shook his head and stood up from the couch, walking to the kitchen to get a broom when his phone rang. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket and looked at the caller ID, seeing it was an unknown number. He clicked the answer button and pressed the phone against his ear.