Chapter Twenty-Four

"Get back here, you bitch!"

Isabella rushed to her room and slammed the door, locking it behind her. She stumbled backward, watching the door in fear.

"Bella, open the damn door!" He furiously banged on the door from the outside.

He kept banging on the door, causing the center of the white wooden door to split in half.

Isabella flinched with wide eyes, not wanting him to come inside the room.

However, Matthew found his way in. He pushed his rage-filled body against the damaged wood until the door opened. He strode towards Isabella as she scrambled backward to get away from him.

He slapped her in the face, causing her to fall to the ground.

Isabella hit her head on the floor, feeling pain shooting through her skull. But she soon forgot about her head when Matthew's foot connected with her abdomen, her screams echoing in the room.

"You trying to fight me?" he shouted, kicking her again.

Isabella grunted in agony, trying to protect her body from Matthew's hard kicks.

He kneeled and flipped her around, pushing her back to the floor. He swung his legs on either side of her body and wrapped his hands around her neck, choking her.

Isabella gasped for air, clutching his arms, scratching them with her fingernails.

"Please . . . stop . . ." she wheezed.

"Are you going to be a good girl?" Matthew snapped.

She wanted no more trouble from him, so she gave in and nodded her head. He removed his hands from her neck and Isabella gasped for air.

"Stand up," he demanded, getting up on his two feet.

Isabella caught her breath and looked up at the teenage boy.

She stood up, her legs weak and her head dazed.

Matthew grabbed her chin, getting into her face.

"If you ever do that again, I'm going to fucking kill you. Do you understand me?"

Her voice wouldn't make a sound as she trembled with horror, so she nodded.

"Good."

He withdrew his hand from her face and watched her with venom in his eyes.

"I'm going out, but when I come back, you better be here," he warned her before walking out of the room, ignoring the door he broke.

Isabella rested her back on the wall and slid down, sitting on the floor. She tucked her knees against her chest and wrapped her arms over them, letting the tears fall.

What happened earlier was horrifying. Isabella sat on the floor and relived every moment and every feeling.