Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

She didn't know where she was going, but she needed to get out of there.

She bumped into something that made her stumble backward. She peered up to see Matthew towering over her.

Isabella tried to turn around, but Matthew grabbed both of her arms this time and spun her around to face him.

"You shouldn't have done that," he growled, releasing one of her arms and slapping her across the face. Isabella fell to the ground, hand covering her stinging cheek.

"I swear, Bella, it's like you're not even trying to act smart anymore. You haven't learned anything. You think you're so tough and can get rid of me, but all I see is a little cunt."

He got on the ground and sat on top of her, pinning her wrists above her head.

"No, let go of me!" Isabella cried, squirming around, but couldn't budge. She watched Matthew smirking the whole time as he started to move his hands over her chest.

She knew what he was going to do.

"NO!"

꧁ ༄ ꧂

Isabella snapped her eyes open, panting heavily.

She took in her surroundings, the white walls, and the EKG machine next to her.

She was in the hospital.

Matthew was not there. It was just a nightmare.

It was just a dream. You're okay, Bella. Matthew is away and he won't hurt you again. Everyone you care about is okay, she thought, and heaved a sigh of relief.

She'd had a difficult few days staying at the hospital.

Her doctor had informed her the night before about her status. She had to hear about the medical tests, how everything was in good shape with her vitals, and she was regaining her energy. It was good news for her because she could go home earlier than they thought.

Isabella was happy to be discharged, but there was one problem still on her mind. Her house. The memories of her getting beaten and raped by Matthew. She didn't want to be in a place where she could remember what happened every day. She couldn't stay there. The nightmares would come every night she went to sleep, and she wouldn't feel safe if she was back there.

Nicole suggested that Isabella stay with her and Aiden as long as she wanted. They understood what she'd been through and wanted to make her feel comfortable.

Isabella appreciated the kind offer, and that Nicole didn't mind the trouble, nor did Aiden. She couldn't think of anywhere else to stay based on who she trusted. Aiden had already gotten his bedroom ready by pulling out an air mattress for her.

The only problem with this arrangement was her feelings for him. She was in love with him.

She still couldn't believe how foolish she had been, not realizing she had these feelings before. What Isabella worried about the most was telling Aiden how she felt. Would that be a smart move to make? Maybe a bold one at that. What would Aiden think if she just blurted out that she liked him as more than a friend?

This wasn't a movie where a guy and a girl easily confess their love and live happily ever after.

This was real life.

She was going to forget about it for now, but that didn't mean the thought would go away.

꧁ ༄ ꧂