第四十三章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

Jiang YanLi stared sternly at Jin ZiXun that had kept his mouth with his face already black in humiliation and anger. Her eyes not swaying away from him.

"A-Li, why are you being so serious? It's just a small matter. Don't get so worked up." Madame Jin pleaded worriedly.

"Madam, A-Hui is my younger sister. Her being made fun of by others, is not just a small matter." Jiang YanLi replied softly.

Madam Jin sneered toward Jin ZiXun. "ZiXun, you heard that?"

"Auntie!" Jin ZiXun exclaimed.

This caused Madam Jin to be more annoyed than she already am as she was ready to grab Jin ZiXun's neck and forced him to apologies.

Suddenly, three sword glares arrived as Lan ChunTao, Nie MingJian and Jin GuangYao appeared.

"Mèimei." Both Lan XiChen and WangJi called out.

"Xiongzhang, Dada, is everything okay here?" Lan ChunTao asked as she moved toward her older brothers worriedly.

"A-Yang." Nie MingJian went over to join Wei WuHui who was still being comforted by her twin as the presences of both of her sworn sisters settled some of the anger down in Wei WuHui.

"Everyone, what happened here?" Jin GuangYao asked.

With his appearance made, the anger in both people suddenly changed target as Madam Jin glared toward him. "Still smiling? Such a big issue happened and you still have the nerve to smile! Just look at the hunt that you've organised, you good-for-nothing!"

Jin GuangYao, not expecting to be scolded the very moment that he arrived, pulled back his smile a little. "Mǔqīn, what in the world is going on?"

Madame Jin's eyes narrowed and she scoffed. "What in the world is going on? Can't you see for yourself? Aren't you supposed to an expert in reading the atmosphere?"

Jin GuangYao stayed silent after that.

"One third of all of the prey in the entire Phoenix Mountain has been taken. What are five thousand people that participated suppose to hunt now?!" Jin ZiXun proclaimed, using this chance to disregard the matter of apologising to Wei WuHui.

Jin ZiXun was about to continue on when Nie MingJian stepped in. "Jin GuangYao has already set about extending the hunting ground. So calm down, everyone."

Nie MingJian, being the cousin to the fierce Nie MingJue, Jin ZiXun knew that it wasn't appropriate to say anything else and also couldn't vent off to Jin GuangYao. So in bitter rage, he slammed his bow down and laughed. "The hunt this year is like a farce! Nevermind. It's fine if I don't join in! I quit!"

"Oh, you're quitting just because Mèimei caught something but you haven't?" Wei WuXian spoke up for the first time since he arrived into the confrontation. He couldn't let Jin ZiXun leave just yet after insulting his precious sister.