第五十四章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

The morning rays shined through the dark walls of 'Demon-Slaughtering' Cave as the sunlights loomed over a buddle under the blanket on the straw-matted bed.

Wei WuHui's face scrunched up upon having the warmth and brightness of the sunlight on her face as her eyes slowly blinks opened.

The maiden sat up sleepily, her blanket barely covering her naked body as she yawned, stretching her arms.

"Well I'm sure you two have a great night together."

"EEP!" Wei WuHui let out a loud yelp as she immediately grabbed her blanket to covered her full body, turning to the entrance of the cave, where she saw a smug-looking Wen Qing. "Wen Qing, can you not do that? I almost have a heart attack."

Wen Qing huffed as she walked in further, carrying in her arms a new pair of clothes. "It's already noon, don't tell me your A-Huan tires you too much last night."

Wei WuHui's face burned up. "You!" She exclaimed out of embarrassment as Wei WuHui snatched the new robes from a giggling Wen Qing as she began putting it on.

"Where is Lan Huan anyway?" Wei WuHui asked.

"He's with Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi. They will need to leave soon." Wen Qing replied.

Wei WuHui paused for a moment, her eyes staring into space as she realised the reality. 'That's right. I am deemed as a evil demonic cultivator meanwhile Lan Huan...he is the righteous ZeWu-Jun, one of the three jades of Gusu, sworn brother of ChiFeng-Zun's and LianFang-Jun's. In the end, we can't be seen together' Then, she felt a streak of liquid dripping down from one of her eyes, leaving a wet streak on her cheek. 'It's for the better'

———

"Make sure you use up those resources, Mèimei. Or else I will bring another one to add more to the piles." Wei WuXian teased playfully as he, Lan WangJi and Lan XiChen walked along the dirt path that lead to the exit of the protective barrier that the maiden had put up.

Wei WuHui sighed, waving her hand dismissively. "Yes, yes, I know Gēge," then she remembered something as she turned to the Lan brothers. "The next time you come, I'll make sure to treat you two to a good meal. I promised I'd treat you this time, but you still ended up paying for the food." As she stated that, her hand was grasped which halted her walking while her brother and Lan WangJi kept going.

"...A-Yang. Are you certain that you have everything under control?" Lan XiChen asked.

The maiden didn't respond. Then, she chuckled as she looked back to her beloved with a reassuring smile. "Of course. Hasn't Wen Ning regained his consciousness already? There has never been a fierce corpse like him." Wei WuHui explained.