第四十八章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

"I know where he is. Let's go." Wei WuHui spoke the moment she left the Glamour Hall and went to an alleyway where Wen Qing had been sitting until she felt pins and needles in her legs. The exhausted maiden shot up and rushes toward the latter, but since her body was still fairly weak and her head spinning, she felt her ankle twisted.

"Whoa!" Wei WuHui luckily caught her before she fell to the hard ground, looking at Wen Qing with concern. "Do you want me to take you somewhere to rest? It's fine if I go alone. I'll definitely bring back Wen Ning."

Wen Qing, hearing that, clung to her tighter. "No! No! I'll go, I have to go!"

Wen Qing ran from Qishan to Yunmeng after she found out that her younger brother went missing and she didn't have time to rest either. When she saw Wei WuHui at the market in Yunmeng, she immediately urged her and begged her as if she was crazy.

Seeing how the once strong maiden is now a frail woman with pale lips and dull eyes, Wei WuHui brought her a few steamed buns from the vendor for her to eat on the go.

"It's fine. I'll definitely bring him back." Wei WuHui tried again.

"I knew I shouldn't have left...but I have no choice. They forced me to go to another city. When I came back, Wen Ning and the entire group was gone! I knew I shouldn't have left him alone!" Wen Qing sobbed.

"He'll be alright." Wei WuHui frowned.

But Wen Qing shook her head. "He won't! A-Ning's been a skittish one ever since he was young. He's both cautious and timid. He doesn't even dare hire the more quick-tempered people to be his subordinates - they're all a bunch of mice like him! He has no idea of what to do when in an emergency when I'm not there with him!"

Wei WuHui stared at the woman before her with sympathy and concern. She remembered the time when she last saw Wen Qing and Wen Ning, recalling the last thing that the woman had said to her and her brother before they left with Jiang Cheng.

"No matter what the result of this campaign turns out to be, from now on, we own each other no more. It's all settled."

Wei WuHui can still remembered the prideful expression on Wen Qing's face but yet, last night, she had refused to let go of her hand, almost kneeling in front of her as she begged.

"Wei WuHui, Wei WuHui, Wei Gu-Niang, please help me. I really can't find anyone else to help me. You really have to help me find A-Ning! I have no other choice other than you!"

Wei WuHui did not see any of the pride left on Wen Qing's face.

———

The pair set off toward the place where Wen Ning and the other remnants were taken off to.

Qiongqi Path was an ancient path that ran through the valley. A legend about this place is that the path was where the founder of the Qishan Wen Sect, Wen Mao, rose to fame in just one battle. Hundreds of years ago, he fought a divine beast for an entirety of eighty-one days, taking its life in the end.