第五十章

· · ────── ·𖥸· ────── · ·

"What? Meimei did what?!" Wei WuXian exclaimed in a harsh whisper tone as he snapped his head to Lan WangJi.

Midnight had finally fell upon the cultivation world as in the Golden Pavilion on Koi Tower sat over fifty Sect Leaders, excluding one of course, from sects of all sizes.

Jin GuangShan sat in the foremost seat meanwhile Jin ZiXuan was away and Jin ZiXun didn't have enough experience therefore, Jin GuangYao was the only one who stood beside him.

In the front row sat Sect Leaders and famed cultivators such as, Nie MingJue, Jiang Cheng, Wei WuXian, Lan WangJi, Lan ChunTao and Nie MingJian. All of them had solemn and concern expressions, especially Wei WuXian and the sworn sisters.

"I knew it."

"It would've been like this sooner or later."

"Let's see how they intend on dealing with this."

Both Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng were the center of everyone's gazes. The latter's face being clouded.

Along with the others, he was listening to Jin GuangYao explaining things, his expression respectful and his tone of his voice soft.

"Four inspectors were harmed. Around fifty of the remaining Wen Sect members escaped. After Wei WuHui led them into Burial Mounds, she summoned hundreds of fierce corpses to patrol the bas of the mountain. There were also reports of Wei WuHui taking a child from the streets of Kuizhou. But in the end, our people still can't get any further than them."

After Jin GuangYao's explanation, silence filled Golden Pavilion.

Wei WuXian shook his head in protest. "No. Mèimei...Mèimei wouldn't do that without a reasonable objective, she wouldn't do stuff like that—."

"Wei WuXian!" But he was hushed by Jiang Cheng, who gave him a glare before the latter turned to the leaders. "What she did was indeed a bit too much. Jin-Zongzhu, I apologise to you in place of her. If there's any way at all to help the situation, pleqse let me know. I'll definitely compensate for things however I can."

However, Jin GuangShan looked as if he didn't want an apology nor a compensation. "Jiang-Zongzhu, at first, for your sake, the Lanling Jin Sect didn't intend on saying anything. However, some of these inspectors weren't from the Jin Sect. There were a few from other sects as well. This makes it..."

Wei WuXian opened his mouth, again to protest, but a calloused hand grasped his's, bringing his gaze away and to Lan WangJi's, who shook his head solemnly. This made Wei WuXian closed his mouth and he can only looked down, clenching onto his robes tightly.

 This made Wei WuXian closed his mouth and he can only looked down, clenching onto his robes tightly