第九章 [✓]

· · ───── ·𖥸· ───── · ·

'This is not what I pictured my morning to be' Wei WuHui thought groggily as she tried to stifle the incoming yawn while being guided from behind by two female disciples. She glanced back at them and saw cold expressions on their faces which were directed at her.

Dread was physically displayed on her face as Wei WuHui looked down with a worried look. 'This must be my punishment '

They soon arrived at an outside area where Wei WuHui heard an all familiar voice.

"The 530th rule of Gusu Lan Sect: Be strictly just and impartial—Meimei?" Wei WuXian suddenly paused in his sentence the moment he saw his little sister arriving at the area with two female disciples behind her.

"Kneel." One of the disciples ordered as she pushed Wei WuHui down to her knees, right beside her brother.

"W-Wait! Why is Meimei here? What did she do?" Wei WuXian asked quickly as he worriedly looked at his sister. That goes the same for Lan WangJi.

"Wei WuHui, you have broken four major rules and for that, you are to be punished with 30 hits from the discipline paddle."

"30 hits?! No, wait!" Wei WuXian shouted as he tried to break out of his restraints. The only thing on his mind was preventing his precious sister from getting hurt.

"I...understand." Wei WuHui said before turning to her brother and grabbing his hand, calming him down. "Gege, don't overreact. This is nothing compare to Madam Yu's punishments. I will be fine." She assured with a smile.

"Meimei..." Wei WuXian whispered before gasping as he watched Lan WangJi pushed away his robes and knelt down on Wei WuHui's left. "W-Wait, hold it! I concede."

"Hit." And with Lan WangJi's command, the disciples began swinging.

Pained grunts coming from the three echoed in the Hall as Jiang Cheng, Nie HuaiSang and the now arrived Nie MingJian watched with sympathy.

———

"Owwww..." Wei WuHui whimpered, burying her face in her sworn sister's shoulder as Nie MingJian effortlessly carried the poor maiden while walking in front of them was Wei WuXian equally in pain as his sister, Jiang Cheng who was carrying him and Nie HuaiSang flapping his fan at the older twin's aching back.

"S-Slow down, Jiang Cheng. I'm almost shaken off." Wei WuXian whined.

"I'm carrying you, yet you're complaining." Jiang Cheng fired back.

Wei WuXian huffed, looking to the side with a pout. "It's not like I asked you to carry me."

"If I don't carry you, you'll be rolling in their ancestral hall for a day. I can't beat your embarrassment. Lan WangJi took 50 more strokes than you and walked away by himself." Jiang Cheng stated. "Even Wei WuHui is not complaining and she only took 30 strokes! Aren't you ashamed of acting like a cripple? Get off! I'm done carrying you!"