第二十九章

· · ───── ·𖥸· ───── · ·

"Jiejie-Ack!"

"You dare touch what was mine from the beginning? You ungrateful fool!" Wen RiLuo hissed before landing another backhand slap to Wen Chao's already bruised cheeks.

Her brother slamming on the ground with a painful thud as his body trembled from fear toward his sister. Wen Chao hurriedly crawled onto his knees as he clasped his hands together in a praying motion. Ugly tears already streaming down his face. "P-Please forgive me, Jiejie! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Wen RiLuo sneered at her cowering brother coldly as she flexed her long sharp nails. "You may be my Didi but I won't hesitate gutting you and let the dogs devour your worthless corpse!"

"What is with the yelling, A-Jiao?" A cold voice suddenly spoke as the siblings turned toward and saw their father, Sect Leader Wen, walking into the room with his dark brown eyes glaring at his youngest son before turning his gaze to his only daughter. "You're not children anymore, why are you two fighting?"

Wen RiLuo scoffed. "A-Chao said he killed Wei WuHui! MY PREY!" Wen RiLuo roared, swinging her hand in the air and about to strike Wen Chao again before growling as she changed her mind upon seeing the utter fear on her brother's face.

Wen RuoHan sighed, rubbing his temple. "Calm yourself, A-Jiao. You can find some other preys. There's still Lan ChunTao and Nie MingJian out there. Why focus on that servant's daughter?"

Wen RiLuo huffed. "Wei Yang is the only prey that interest me. I don't care about the Lan or the Nie." And with that, she walked off with a swish of her sleeve.

———

"A-Jie!" Wen Ning proclaimed the moment the doors to the infirmary was slammed open, revealing Wen Qing.

However, he felt the sharp metal of a blade's held against his throat as Wen Chao stiffened tensely.

"Don't move!" Wei WuXian hissed. "Or he'll end up dead!"

"Gege, wait!" Wei WuHui exclaimed before she let out a pained grunt as she held her bandaged side.

"Fine." Wen Qing responded calmly as she closed the doors. "Do it. He's courting death anyway."

"Wen Qing/A-Jie." Both Wei WuHui and Wen Ning sweat dropped at the older woman's bluntness.

"She's your sister?" Wei WuXian asked.

"Still calling me Jiejie? Who gave you the guts?!" Wen Qing bursted out. "Qishan Wen Sect's bounties are everywhere. Even kids know that they're going to die. We're already struggling with Wei WuHui, how dare you harbour them?!"