第六章

· · ───── ·𖥸· ───── · ·

The groups of cultivators began heading to where the water ghouls has escaped to as Lan XiChen lead the group.

The houses of CaiYi Town eventually faded away as they kept paddling until they rowed between two cliffs.

However, since the three female disciples abruptly joined in the mission, they didn't rent any extra boats. Therefore, Wei WuHui ended up sharing the boat with her brother while Lan ChunTao shares with Lan XiChen.

"Young Master Lan, has CaiYi Town been haunted by water ghouls before?" Wei WuXian asked.

Lan XiChen shook his head. "Never. They only appeared recently. I had formations and nets set up around Biling Lake, and caught a dozen water ghouls in a row. Most of the corpses were not recognised by the locals." Lan XiChen explained.

Wei WuHui perked in confusion. "That's strange. Water ghouls are picky about their area, they usually stay at their drowning spot. Very few ever leave." She stated.

"Also," Lan ChunTao added. "I think what we encountered just now was no merely a water ghoul."

Lan XiChen nodded in agreement. "Even the combined efforts of you, Wei WuHui, Wei WuXian and WangJi failed to catch it. The creature was truly vicious."

Wei WuXian bend down to put his hand in the water and managed to snag a few strands of hair. "So catching it with nets is unlikely. If only there is a device that can point out its position like a compass..." He hummed in thoughts when a splash of water hit in front of him. Snapping him out of it as he looked up to Jiang Cheng.

"Look into the water and focus on finding it. Don't let your imagination run wild again." Jiang Cheng scolded.

Wei WuHui went over to her brother's side and stood next to him. "Cultivation and flying swords used to be wild ideas, too," She stated as she stared at the strands of hair. "A compass would be beneficial in this type of situation."

Her twin smirked before turning the boat so it moved beside Jiang Cheng's. "Moreover, Biling Lake is overflowing with resentful energy, thus it attracts water ghouls. Instead of treating the symptoms by catching water ghouls, why not harness the resentful energy to eliminate the root cause."

This caused Jiang Cheng to scowl and kicked the boat away. "Copying the "Righteousness" 10 times wasn't enough?"

That caused Wei WuXian to gasped and covered his mouth.

Wei WuHui rolled her eyes jokingly before turning her head around to see that their boat are moving toward Lan WangJi's. Her silverly grey eyes stared at the Second Jade and her eyes trailed down, spotting something off at the lower part of the boat.

She reached over and tug on Wei WuXian's sleeve, who looked at where she's looking and narrowed as he raised a brow before nodding to his sister.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei WuXian called putting as he suddenly began to jump up and down on the boat, causing it to rock side by side as Wei WuHui let out a startled yelp and tried to balanced herself from her brother's sudden action. "Look at me! Look at me!"