Musical Beds

Selena's POV

After dinner, the Stoll brothers led us towards the old Hermes cabin. We had to wait for Emma as she kissed Marcus good night. We waited and waited for a long time.

When we arrived at the door, or the Hermes cabin, there was a caduceus symbol on it. There were two empty beds in the rather large bedroom.

All the beds were clustered together. I got the bed near the window, which happened to be between Travis and Conner Stoll. Emma got the bed slightly far away from me, but she didn't seem bothered by that.

Everyone was getting in to bed, and Emma was still in the bathroom. Suddenly there was a loud shriek, which quickly filled the air of the cabin, and all of New York.

"Emma?' I ran towards the bathroom. The door opened, right when I reached it, and I pretty girl with curly hair, and she was wearing a tight white dress, that was high up her legs. I shoved her to the side, asking her where Emma was. The girl moaned.

"Lina... it's me, Emma." She sat on her bed, and looked down at herself. 'Emma, have you been using too much make up again?' I asked, emphasizing on the word 'too much'.

We heard hoof steps, and Chiron trotted into the cabin, banging his head on the low doorframe, muttering about, higher doorframes, as he was figuring a way inside I handed Emma a bottle of water.

He bent down on his front legs,(bowing actually) and saying' All hail Emma Channel, daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of Love and Beauty.' Emma was taking a sip of water then spit it out as Chiron finished his sentence. Then stood up and gracefully walked over to Chiron whom is standing outside.

'um Chiron...are you serious?i don't have one of those big ugly glowy things above my head do i?' Emma asked.

'I am serious, um no you don't.. your mother gifted you with this' he said bowing slightly arms stretched out towards Emma, she turned towards the cabin and has a seriously confused look.

'having to stay in this ugly cabin?' she asked.

' no, this!' he said pointing at Emma's new makeover.

'ah never mind!' he said turning around his tail swishing around in fusteration. 'grab your stuff, you have to go to the Aphrodite cabin. Emma grabed her small backpack, before rolling her eyes at me and rushing out the door, after the annoyed centaur.

Emma POV

I ran after Chiron, which was hard to do in such a tight dress. I nearly bumped into Chiron's white hindquarters, as he stopped suddenly at a life-size Barbie doll house, with heavily permutated roses out front.

I turned to Chiron a bewildered expression on my face. 'I'm meant to live here?' I asked, staring at the Barbie cabin. He nodded swiftly, before trotting up to the door, and opening it.

I followed him warily into the toxicated room, gagging at the strong smell. The room was lined with bunk beds, and there was a white curtain that separated the room. The smell brought tears to my eyes, and when I opened my eyes piper was standing in front of me.

'How do you live here?' I asked her as Chiron backed out the door, seeing as I was now I well manicured hands.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," she said smiling, as she led me to an empty bunk.

"Here is the only non toxic area in the entire cabin; my bunk." I shot her a thankful smile, before setting out the only possessions I had on the smile night stand next to me.

A small bracelet, with some words, that I never seemed to be able to read, since they were so small, but my dad had told me that it meant forever together, and it was in Greek.

My dad had told me that my mom had given it to me shortly after I was born, and I never noticed until now that it always fit me no matter how old I got. I also had a small compact mirror that I always kept with me, and a small pearl necklace, that my dad had given to me when I was a baby.

I changed into pajamas that piper gave me, and brushed my hair with a small hairbrush that I found in the bottom of my bag. When I left the bathroom, lots of people were already sleeping, and as I climbed into the bottom bunk of the bed, I stared at the pearl on the necklace, and my eyes closed soon after...