Final Boss

"Just for my curiosities sake, How'd you figure it out?" Zeus said.

"I first noticed something was up from our duel. Remember when you turn the tables on me, time seemed to stop." I said.

"Yes I thought so. It was a mistake to thing that would go unnoticed." He said. "But you were so strong and so fast, the only choice I had was to engage the system assist mode." The crowd gasps. "Yes. I am Zeus! Now that my identity has been revealed, it should come as no surprise. That I am the final boss on the top floor." He smiled.

Annabeth clutches my arm. "So the strongest player in the whole game, ends up being the final boss. Kinda cliché isn't it?" I said.

"Actually, I kinda like that angle." He said. "One things for sure, I always thought you'd be the one standing before me at the very end. You know, duel wielding is a rare skill. The kind only given to the player with the fastest reaction time. Percy is the hero of this story, the one who rises up to challenge the demon king. But you the power you displayed, exceeded my expectations. I guess, these unexpected twist and turns is what makes MMORPG's so thrilling to play." Zeus smiled.

"How dare you!" One of Zeus's guards jumps up to attack him, Zeus quickly opened up his menu and paralyzed the attacker. Annabeth collapses sliding down me, everyone else collapses as well.

"What the plan now, huh? You gonna kill everyone here and cover it up?" I said holding Annabeth.

"Don't be a silly bitch." Zeus laughed. "No, I have a better idea. I'll head for the top floor and wait for you there. I'll be inside the ruby place, it's a shame I have to leave you all so soon. I spent lots of time developing the Demigods and other elite players. Oh well, Hehehe. Your all strong, I'm sure you'll reach me... eventually. But before I go, Percy. I feel you deserve a reward for discovering my identity, so I'll give you one chance."

"Chance for what?" I asked.

"To fight me one on one, right here right now." He smiled. "Oh, and my immortality will be off. Defeat me and you clear the game, and all the player will be able to logout from this world. No strings attached. What do you say?" He smirked.

"Don't do it Percy. I don't like it, we should fall back." Annabeth said.

The countless faces of dead players start to flash in my head. Jason, Nico, Conner, Travis, Hedge, and Rachel faces appear. My time with Annabeth at our cabin, plays like a movie, all the kisses, touches and feeling wash over me again.

"I have to." I said softly. "Ok then... lets finish this."

"Percy!" Annabeth said.

"I'm sorry, I can't run away if it means ending this. If I turn it down, every single death from here on will be on my hands. People will live if I do this, you will live." I said looking at her.

"You better not die, you hear me." She said.

"No, I'm gonna win. I promise, I'm going to end this world. Then I will find you." I said,

"I believe you, Percy." Annabeth said, I kiss her then gently lay her on the ground.

I walk to Zeus pulling out my duel swords. Grover and Frank both plea for me to not do this I turn back to look at them. "Frank, thanks for helping everyone, I know you say your in it for the money. But I know you spent every penny you had helping intermediate players level up. Grover, I'm sorry I turned down joining you. I think about it and regret it every day." I said and turn back to Zeus. "If its ok, I have a final request to make, I'm not planning on going down easy. So, if I die today, I want your word that you fix it so Annabeth doesn't kill herself."

"As you wish." He nods.

"No Percy that's not fair!" Annabeth screams.

My health at 50% and his at 90. He takes off his immortality and raises his sword. "Percy!" Annabeth screams.

I charge in and he perries my attack, I let out a quick barrage of strikes that he easily block. He swings his massive sword and I narrowly dodge it. He attack and block every one of our attacks. Dodging, blocking, and attacking, we fight hard and fast. Not one of us landing a single strike. Managing to speed up my attacks, I unleashed a fast barrage of strikes. Dust kicks up form how fast and powerful are attacks are, making it harder to see. His sword comes out from the dust and cuts my cheek. I activate a sword skill and charge him, a smirk grows on Zeus's face. He blocks every attack with a smile. I'm sorry Annabeth... please keep living.

I stab my sword right at his chest, he blocks it with his shield and the tip of my sword snaps off. "Game over, Percy." He smiled and raised his sword, a skill powers up and he slashes down but doesn't hit me. Annabeth jumped in front of me and took the hit, she falls and I catch her. Her health drains to zero, she turns and smiles at me, her body starts to glow and then pops into pixels. "Annabeth... Annabeth... you can't... you can't be..." I reach up and try to grasp at the pixels, I fall to my knees. Her sword right next to my hand, I slowly grasp the handle. I swing slowly and whiffing. I swing again and he sighs and blocks my weak attack sending my sword into the air. He then shoves his sword straight into my chest. My health drains to zero.

You are dead.

"No... not yet..." I said. I start walking to him, his sword sliding deeper into my chest. I raise Annabeth's sword and slide it into his chest, Zeus's Hp drains to zero. I look down at Annabeth's handle and smile. "We did it..." I close my eyes, embracing the end.

"On November 7th at 2:55 p.m. the game has been cleared. Repeat, on November 7th at 2:55 p.m. the game has been cleared." An announcement blares throughout the game.