Black and White

Floor 61: Selmburg

Annabeth made us another amazing dinner, after dinner we sat and drank some tea at the table.

"Ok!" She said quickly, standing up then walking to the light switch and cutting it off making it dark. She opens her menu, and her clothes start disappearing, now standing in her underwear. "D-don't look... not yet anyway." She looks at me nervously. "What are you waiting for? Get undressed. Don't just sit there, I-it's embarrassing."

"Ok." I nodded and got up quickly.

A while later, I'm sitting on the edge of her bed. Annabeth sleeping peacefully next to me. I poke her cheek softly and her eyes open and she smiles at me.

"Hey, whatchu smiling about?" I asked her softly.

"I was just having a dream, about my old life. It was weird, in a dream I had. Everything in Aincrad, everything that happened to me and you, was just that... a dream, and I was so scared. But it wasn't... thank god, it wasn't." She smiles softly.

"Now that sound weird. Don't you want to go back?" I asked her.

"Of course, I do. I do... it's just, I don't want my life here to disappear, is all. The last 2 years have been very special to me. I realized that now." She sits up, covering her chest with the blanket. "Listen, Percy. I was thinking... maybe we can leave the front lines for a while. I'm scared... I feel like if we return now, something bad will happen. Or maybe I'm just tiered of it all."

"I know what you mean, I guess I am too. In the southwest of Floor 22, there's this tiny little village, by a lake, and a forest. We could get a house together, and then... " I said.

"And then what?" She asked.

I turn to face her. "And then... we get married."

Her eye go wide with happiness, tears welling up with a big warm smile. "Ok!"

October 24, 2024 Floor 55: Grandzam

"I understand the situation, now I just have to explain it to the rest of the guild." Kronos said.

"Also, we'd like a temporary leave of absence from the guild" Annabeth said.

"Really?" Kronos said. "Why?"

"We have concerns with the current state of the guild, and we need time to think." Annabeth said.

"Very well... Although. I'm positive you wont stay away from the battlefield for long." He said with a creepy smirk.

October 25, 2024 Floor 22

"Wow! This view is amazing!" Annabeth said running to the bedroom balcony looking out to the lake the vibrant green trees.

I walk up next to her and place my hand on her back, and we lean against the railing. "It is pretty awesome, don't fall off the balcony, that would really suck."

"We bought the best house." she said softly.

"And now... we're totally broke." I finished, and she laughs while grabbing my hand around her waist.

"It's worth it though. Cause we can live in peace here." She say and looks at me. "Percy, what's wrong?"

"Well... I was thinking. Does our relationship only exist in the game?" I said.

"I can't believe, you'd say that!" she glares at me. "I don't give a damn if this is a virtual world. My feelings for you are real!" she reaches out and squezes my cheeks. "If I learned anything in the last 2 years, its this. To keep doing the best we can, till the very end. If we make it back to the real world, I promise I will find you again, no matter what.... and fall in love with you again." She kisses me and I pull her in closer. "My IRL name, is Annabeth Chase. I live in New York City."

"No way..." I said.

"What?" She asked.

"My name is Percy Jackson, and I live in New York City too... in Manhattan." I said.

"M-me too..." she said, both our eyes wide.

"Huh... who would have thought. We fall in love with each other in an MMO, and we only live a few blocks away from each other." I smiled.

"The fates decided to cut us a break." She smiled and kissed me again.

The next morning, I feel a cold hand cup my check, and Annabeth hugging me.

"Percy... I love you." She whispered. "Let's stay together forever."

"I'm game." I said, she shoots up and screams a bit. "Morning, Annabeth." I said with a smirk.

"M-morning Percy." She said with red cheeks. "I was wondering... how old are you?" she asked nervously.

"12." I said straight faced. She looks at me horrified. "I'm joking, I'm 17. What about you?" I asked.

"17, the same." She sighs. "Whew... I thought you were some kid. Turns out your just an idiot."

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot now!" I point to our matching wedding rings.