Duel With A God

"I'm taking a leave of absence from the guild." Annabeth said smiling at the sunset.

"Why?" I asked standing behind her.

"Did you forget already? I said I was teaming up with you." She said.

October 19, 2024 Floor 50: Algade

"A duel wielder taking down an army of guys, and even their commander in under 30 seconds." Frank reads from a newspaper. "A 50-hit combo on all of them, I can't believe what a big deal their making out of this thing." Frank laughs.

"Yeah it's blowing up right in my face..." I said dejectedly. "A butt load of swordsman and info brokers showed up to my place, this morning. Now I need a new pad, cause they know where I live."

"Yeah well that's your own fault." Leo walks in holding a box of junk.

Stomps outside rushing into Franks shop, Annabeth walks in panting hard.

"What are we gonna do Percy? We got ourselves a huge problem!" she panicked.

October 19, 2024 Floor 55: Grandzam

"Outside of boss fights, I don't believe we've actually met... Percy." A high ranking Demigod, guy said sitting at a desk with a couple other high ranking men.

"Well. There was that conference on floor 67. We talked a little bit there, Commander Kronos." I said to the man in the center, he wore a red fancy robe.

"Yes, that was a difficult battle. We almost lost a few players there too. We may be the top guild, but we barely get by with the troops we have, and now here you are. Trying to poach one of our best players. I don't know what to say." Kronos said.

"If she's that important, maybe do a better job picking her body guard." I said.

"You have my deepest apologies for any trouble you had with Octavian. But you must under stand that we simply cannot allow our second in command to leave, the guild just like that." He stares right at me. "If you want her, you have to use your duel blades to take her from us. If you can defeat me in combat, you'll be free to take Annabeth with you. On the other hand, if you lose... you will join the Demigods." He said.

"Yeah ok, lets duel then." I accepted his challenge.

October 20, 2024 Floor 75: Collinia

I'm in a tunnel of a massive colosseum before my fight with Kronos. What seems to be every player left in the game, sitting in the crowd.

"My god! Your such an idiot!" Annabeth scolds me. "How could you agree to a duel!"

"Ok, calm down I'm sorry!" I panicked that she's yelling at me. "Its not like he gave me any other choice."

"The other day when you used your duel wielding skill. I've never seen anything like that before. Thing is the Commander has a unique skill to." Annabeth said.

"I know, I've seen it a bunch of times before. The divine blade, it maximizes his offence and defensive moves. His attack is strong, but his defense is incredible." I said.

"No one's ever seen the Commanders Hp bar dip down into the yellow before." Annabeth said worried. "W-what if you lose? I don't care if I don't get my leave of absence. I care about you having to join the Demigods."

"Well... I'm not planning on losing easily."

Kronos and I stand in the middle of the colosseum. "I'm sorry about this Percy. I didn't think this would be such a big deal. But when were finished, you'll become an official member of the guild. I'll consider this your first mission." He opens his menu and invites me to a duel. I accept and the scoreboard starts ticking down from 10.

I pull out my two swords, one in each hand. Kronos pulls out a large sword from behind his shield. The ticker ends and the fight begins. I rush to him and attack quickly, he blocks them with his big shield. I use a barrage of attacks on him, but his shield catches them all. He pivots and stabs at me, I just manage to block and I get flung backwards. He runs at me and slams my with the bottom edge of his shield sending me back further.

He rushes me again and I use a sword skill on my right sword, he easily parries it with his shield.

"You reaction time is impressive." Kronos said.

"Yeah, and your defense is impregnable. But I'm gonna get you pregnant..." the words fall out.

"What?" Kronos said, the crowd mumbles in confusion.

We dash quickly at each other and clash our swords together. We each send a barrage of attacks and blocks, neither of us not managing to land a single blow. He manages to cut my cheek, but I keep attacking him with an unending attack, eventually managing to cut his cheek. I use a sword skill on both swords and slam into his shield over and over again. His block breaks and I move in for another attack. I slash my sword down on his head, but before it connects time stops. His shield moves while time is frozen. Time resumes again blocking my attack and he gets beside me, as I fall forward. He slashes hitting my ribs, my health dips quickly into the yellow. I hit the ground and the scoreboard pops up. WINNER: KRONOS. The crowd erupts into defining cheers. I sit on the ground with him standing over me. He turns his back and walks away.

October 22, 2024 Floor 50: Algade

"Don't you guys have uniforms that arnt so flashy?" I groan, looking at my new Orange and black Demigod uniform.

"Actually, that's one of our less flashy ones. "Annabeth says. "You look great." She smiles.

I fall back onto the bed and sigh. "I'm in a guild..."

"I guess it's sort of my fault isn't it?" Annabeth said quietly.

"No... this is a good opportunity. As a Solo player I got as far as I could go." I said deadpanned.

"That makes me feel a little better." She said softly as I sat up. "Hey Percy. Why do you avoid guilds, and people?" she asked.

"It was a long time ago... bout a year or so. Up to now, that was the only guild I was in. It was small, including me there was 6 of us in it. They called themselves the White Ghosts. As players they were good, but their levels were way lower than mine. I thought if I told them what level I was at, they wouldn't want me around. So, I decide to keep my mouth shut about it, and I joined up with them. I watched them messing around, having fun and I guess I wanted to be part of it too. Then one day... I'm the reason the who guild was wiped out. If I hadn't hidden the fact that I was a beater, I could have convinced them how dangerous it was. I killed them, Rachel, All of them." I said.

Annabeth stood up and cupped my cheek. "I'm not gonna die, got that? I can't die, because I have to protect you." she said softly, pulling my head in and hugging it. I tense up but then accept it sinking into her hug.