Annabeth.

She devours the bread. "I got it from the Heifer strikes back mission in the next town over... do you wanna know how I did it?" I ask her.

She shakes her head no. "I appreciate the offer... but I didn't come to this town to eat good food."

"Ok... why are you here?" I ask.

"So, I don't lose sight of who I am. I don't wanna lock myself in a room in the Town of Beginnings and slowly rot away... I wanna stay the way I am until the last moment... even if a monster beats me and I die, I wont lose... to this game or this world, no matter what." She says.

"I wouldn't want a party member dying on me... so try not to die tomorrow." I say standing up.

We reach the dungeon, the main group in front clearing most of the monsters in our path, Annabeth and I behind the group making sure none of the monsters attack from behind.

"We are the backup, so our targets are the bosses minions. So, I'll use a sword skill to know their weapons out of the way, and you switch in and kill them." I say.

"What's a switch?" she asks.

"Ok...level with me. Is this the first time you've ever been in a party?" I ask

"Uh-huh." She says.

It kinda stuns me and I stop walking, I sigh.

We eventually reach the door to the boss room.

"Listen up everyone, I only have one thing to say to you.... Let's win!" Jason says, he turns around and places his hand on the giant metal door, it slowly creaks open to a large dark hall. The light turns on and a giant fat red lizard looking monster stands from a throne and jumps in front of us.

Jason stands behind yelling out commands like a general, as the massive battle goes on. Annabeth and I are behind the group taking out some of the small monsters. A small lizard wearing a suit of armor attacks me, I use a sword skill to block the attack and push it's weapon away.

"SWITCH!" I yell.

"GOT IT!" she charges the monster with no fear, her sword moves so fast you can barely see the tip of it. The lizard explodes into a million pixels.

The boss growls loudly, it's last bar of health reaches 25%.

"The second phase is coming!" Jason yells. "He brings out a curved sword and his attacks change!"

The boss throws it's main weapon away, and reaches behind to pull the curved sword off it's back.

"Stand back, I got it!" Jason yells as he charges the boss.

I thought the plan was for everyone in the group to take it on. I notice a smirk on Jason's face as he runs. His sword glows reading up a skill move. The boss pulls it's weapon out...but it's not the curved sword, it's a completely different one. This isn't like the beta!

"Watch out!" I yell at Jason.

The monster slashes Jason a dozen times and his body flies over near me. I run over to him and lift his head up.

"What the hell where you thinking?" I say as I put a health potion to his mouth, but he pushes it away.

"You know... you were a beta tester too, right?" he says.

"You were after the last attack bonus... the rare item, your just like me... a beta tester." I say quietly, he smiles.

"Please... you have to...beat the boss...for...everyone here..." his avatar explodes into a million colorful pixels, and dies.

When this death game started, I only thought about how I would survive...nothing else mattered... but you didn't... you wanted to help. You never abandoned the other's like I have.

I stand up and ready my sword.

"I'm with you." Annabeth says.

"Ok, we'll hit him just like we did the minions!" we run at the boss.

The boss readies a sword skill and swings, I block his attack and knock his sword up. "SWITCH!" I yell. Annabeth jumps up to attack but the boss see's it. "ANNABETH WATCH OUT!" I yell. She manages to doge the attack, but the monster connects with the robe that was covering her. It melts into a ton of pixels, It seems to go in slow motion. The pixels rain slowly, her hair blonde hair flowing loose. Her face tan and beautiful, the serious look on her face makes it even better somehow. The boss comes back, and I snap out of it, I manage to hold his onslaught off, but he catches me in the ribs.

I fly through the air colliding with Annabeth, we crash to the ground. My health bar drops to 34%. With another roar, the boss brings his weapon high in the air, and slashes down at us.