Safe Zone Killing

Annabeth grabs her sword and pulls it out a little, I jump off the stone fence I was sitting on and hide behind it. She stops and slowly clasps her sword closed.

"Y-You get one... One meal, all you can eat... my treat." She turns her head letting go of her sword hilt. "Then we'll be even... deal?"

Floor 57: Martin

Annabeth and I are sitting at a table in the corner of a restaurant in this floor's city. We sit there in silence, and people around us start talking.

"That's Annabeth... from the Demi Gods." One man says.

"Really?" the person sitting at his table says.

"Yeah they call her the Lighting Flash."

"Who's the shady looking guy dressed in black sitting with her?"

"Well anyway... thank you, for today." Annabeth says.

"Why?" I ask.

"For keeping an eye on me." she says.

"Oh...sure." I say.

"The towns are supposed to be safe zones, and unless you've agreed to a duel, a player cant attack or kill you... But when your asleep, your vulnerable." She says, lacing her fingers together resting them on the table.

"Yeah... now we have player killers who can cheat the duel system. Duels are normally supposed to be a test of strength, not a fight to the death. Even if you duel in a safe zone, your Hp will still go down based on the damage you take." I say.

"All a sleep PK'er has to do is manipulate a sleeping persons ok button, the duel begins like normal. But the sleep PK'er is doing all of the attacking, gods knows how many times it's happened. So... anyway, thank you." She looks away, her cheeks slightly red.

"Uh, sure... anytime." I kinda get caught off guard about this new side of her. "You'd do the same for me."

A girls scream echoes around the city square, Annabeth and I jump up and rush out of the restaurant to go see what it was. A player, in full armor is hanging from a rope tied around his waist with a sword sticking out of his chest. His Hp dropping fast. A crowd gathers around and gasps.

"Hurry pull it out!" I yell up to him.

"I'll cut him down you catch him!" Annabeth says rushing into the building.

I run to the guy and stand under him. Panic sets in his eyes as he struggles to pull out the sword, he screams in agony then finally goes lip as his Hp reaches zero. His body explodes into pixels and the sword that was stuck in him falls and stick into the ground. Some girls in the crowd scream at the scene. The only way a player can die in a safe zone if it's in a duel.

"Everyone, look for the player with a winner icon!" I yell at the crowd.

"There's no one here, the rooms empty!" Annabeth yells from the balcony the player was hanging from.

I scan the crowd to see if I can spot the murderer. All green icons floating above their heads.

I head up to Annabeth with the sword that killed the play in hand. She leans against the wall as I look it over. The rope is tied onto a post in the room.

"Any idea how this happened?" I ask.

"Well... there is always the obvious, there was a duel, and the other player impaled the victim with that sword then tied him up and through him over the balcony." Annabeth says. "Wouldn't you say that's about right?" she looks over to me.

"Yeah but, I couldn't see the winner icon on anyone." I say.

"It had to be a duel, it's a safe zone and a player died. A duel is the only thing it could have been." She says. "Or maybe not... either way, we can't ignore this."

"I know..." I say.

"As it is, a player takes huge risks going out side of the safe zone. But if someone has found a way to PK inside... no one is going to be safe in towns either." Annabeth says.

"Yeah, your right." I nod.

"I guess we wont be going back to the front lines anytime soon." She says and start walking to me, she holds out her hand. "Listen, your going to work with me until we solve this thing. Until we do, there wont be anytime for napping ok?"

"Ok, but you're the one who was napping." I shake her hand. She squeezes my hand with all her strength. "OWW!" 

We head back down, and the crowd of people is still waiting outside.

"Listen up!" I yell out to them. "Did anyone see what happened before that player died? If someone did please speak up." the crowd murmur to them self's, all of them looking around and talking. A girl slowly walks out of the crowd.

"I'm sorry." Annabeth says in a soft voice. "I can imagine how frightened you are, can you tell us your name?"

"Uh, sure... my name is."