Ice Dragon

Floor 55: Western Mountain

Leo and I wander around a frozen, snowy mountain looking for the dragon.

"Ahhh...CHUUUUUUU!" Leo sneezes like thunder. "It's to dam COLD!"

"You should have brought a coat moron." I say turning back to him.

"I didn't know floor 55 was going to be this goddamn cold!" he shivers. I open my inventory and throw him my black fur lined cloak. "Aren't you gonna be cold?" he asks as he slid it on.

"You don't feel cold if your dispended." I say tugging my collar and continuing to walk.

"What the shit..." Leo mumbles. "Werido..."

"What's wrong Leo? Giving up already?" I shoot a sly smirk at him, snapping him out of a daydream.

"Not on your life!" he snaps.

We continue walking for a few hours, a light snow fall starts. A path cuts through a field of large ice crystals, leading up to gigantic crystals.

"This place is wicked!" Leo says staring into a crystal a little bit taller than him. He starts to run up the path, but I grab onto his hood and stop him. "What's your problem!"

"You should get your warp crystal ready." I say with a serious tone, and he listens. "And... I'm handling this part on my own. Once the dragon shows, your gonna hide under one of the small crystals... about your height, 3 feet or so."

"Jackas—"

"And don't come out, no mater what." I say.

"Oh, come on! I'm not a noob, if I want to help you I wi—""

"Do what I say!" I snap on him. He stares at me with a scared face, and nods slightly. "Good... lets get going." I walk past him.

A thunderous roar echoes around the cloudy winter sky. "Hurry and take cover!" I point to the crystals.

The humongous crystals the path lead to transform into a giant ice white dragon stretching high above me. I pull out my sword watching the dragon. The dragons wings flag and sends a hurricane force wind down at me, sending crystals flying everywhere. Lighting starts to spark in its mouth, building up into a ball. It shoots a massive beam of lighting straight at me, my sword glows blue with a sword skill and I swing at the lighting, hitting it and making it explode. I rush the dragon and managed to hit him 3 times sending chucks of the crystals on his body flying into pieces. The dragon flies up into the air and I use a skill to fly up to. It lunges at me, and I quickly counter cutting off his left arm.

"Come on, stop playing with it and finish it already!" Leo comes out from his cover.

"Dam it, don't come out!" I scream at him from the air.

The dragon instantly locks onto Leo and shoots a giant wind attack with it's wings. He gets swept away quickly in an avalanche. The avalanche sent him flying right over a giant sinkhole. I land onto a tall crystal and shoot myself at him, as he starts to fall down the hole screaming. I manage to grab his wrist as we wall and wrap myself around him, turning my body to the ground coming at us at high speed.

I feel Leo laying on me, and slowly getting off with a grown. "Are we still alive?" I asked him.

"Y...yeah. Looks like it." he says.

"Drink this." I hand him a powerful health potion, and I drink one to. The fall damage nearly took out 80% of my health.

"Thank you..." he says softly. "For saving me."

"It's a little early to be thanking me... we have to figure a way out first." I look up at the tall circular walls surrounding us.

"Can't we just teleport?" Leo pulls out his warp crystal. "Warp Lindas!" he says but nothing happens.

"Well..." I groan getting up. "If we cant use crystals, that means there's another way out."

"How do you know... what if it's a trap made to kill everyone who goes in it!?" he says.

"Good point, maybe it is." I nod and cup my chin.

"Would it kill you to try and cheer me up!" he yells.

"Yes." I say quickly. "I think I have an idea. We can try running up the wall." Leo stares at me with a face saying we are done for.

I start running and jump onto the wall, managing to run up it until I slip on ice falling about 100 feet back down. I give up on that, and soon night falls. We can see a little bit of the night sky from at the bottom of the circular hole. We set up a lantern and two warm sleeping bags. Leo starts to laugh.

"You tried running up the wall... your freaking weird!" he laughs. "Percy... can I ask you something? Why did you risk your life like that to save me?"

"I want a new sword." I say quickly.