Ghosts

April 8, 2023.

"Here's to us, the white ghosts!" they raise their cups.

"And to the guy that saved our lives, to Percy!" they hold their cups in the air toward me.

"Oh, um... cheers guys." I raise my cup.

Everyone is standing around a table with different delicious foods on top. I'm sitting at the head of the table, with everyone staring at me.

"Thank you....thank you so much!" the girl says. " I cant tell you how scared I was, and it made me so happy when you came to save us..." she starts to cry.

"Um... Percy.... Sir. I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable asking what...what level your at?" the group's leader asks, a shortish black-haired boy with pale almost translucent skin.

I look at my name, and the Hp bar right next to it and slightly below the bar. 8120/9000 LV. 40.

"Oh... um, Level 20." I say.

"Wow really, your at our level and still a solo player, you're a legend sir!" he says.

"I'm not your boss, you don't need to call me sir." I say.

"Oh, ok sorry." He says. "By the way, I'm Nico, I founded the white ghosts. And those two idiots over there are Connor and Travis, no it's not a glitch with their characters they are real twins. And her name is Rachel." He points to the girl that started crying. A smallish girl with crazy red hair and pale skin and green eyes. "I hate to spring this on you right now, but they would kill me if I didn't ask...if you want we'd love to have you join our guild, now it's pretty much just me in front. Connor takes the sides, Travis takes the rear." He pats Rachels head. "Then we have Rachel, I was thinking of having her switch to sword and shield, so she can help fight.... The thing is, she says she's not sure she can handle it."

"Yeah...I'm pretty much useless in a fight." She says quietly.

"Well... I'm really flattered and thanks for the offer.... I'll do it, I'll join." I say, they cheer and surround me.

May 9, 2023.

The giant mantis were frighting hits Rachels shield, and she falls to the ground, petrified. The mantis swings at her with its sharp arm, with a quick slash I cut the arm off and hits the ground in a shower off pixels.

"Nico switch!" I call back to him.

"Got it!" he jumps in and smashes the mantis with his hammer, it groans loudly and explodes into pixels. "All right I leveled up to 23!" Nico cheers.

"Congrats man!" Travis and Connor yell in unison as they tackle him to the ground.

A little while later we are taking a break on a small hill looking out to the rolling fields of our floor.

"The adult team made it to floor 28." Nico says laying back reading newspaper. "Hey Percy... what the hell does the assault team have that we don't?" he asks.

Around January, a group of players formed a newspaper to keep other players informed on the latest news.

"Access to information, with that they can find the easiest ways to get Exp and the big guilds don't share that info." I say taking a bite out of my bread roll.

Nico sighs. "Yeah your probably right... but I think what really sets them apart, is will power. I guess they have the will to stick up for their friend and any player, I think we have that same kind of drive... that said, our first priority is looking out for each other. But when we get strong enough, we'll join the elites in the assault team on the front lines." He says looking up at the clouds.

"I see... that's a good goal." I say.

"Hey!" Connor runs up to Nico. "Leader...give me some love." He dives onto Nico.

"So, you really think we can be as strong as the Legionaries and the Demigods?" Travis walks up.

"Yeah so what if I do! Nothing wrong with setting our sights high... but we have to be level 30 before we can join." Nico says struggling in a wrestling fight with Connor.

I look at my Hp bar again, LV 48.

Back in town, Nico makes us go into Travis and Connors room.

"I have an announcement to make. After our latest hunts in the field, we have 200,000 gold!" he says happily.

"Buying a house doesn't seem like a pipe dream anymore." Travis says.

"I know, we can upgrade Rachels gear." Connor says.

"Good idea!" Nico says.

Rachel shakes her head. "I'm fine with what I have."

"Come on, you know it's not fair to make Percy be out in front forever." Travis says.

"I'm sorry..." Rachel says quietly.

"Don't worry about me, I'm cool with it." I smile at her.

May 16, 2023.

I leave my room at the inn, it's night time but cant sleep a wink. As I walk aimlessly in the night I stumble across a group fighting a pack of wolves. A guy dressed in red samurai armor with an ugly red headband over his forehead.

"Grover?" I say to myself watching.

With a quick move he slices though the wolf and it explodes into pixels. He look up at me. "What's up Percy!" he runs up the hill to greet me. "Man, it's been awhile since I've seen you, what you doing some late night leveling?" he says. "What's up with that icon...did you join a guild?"