Dream engineer

The rain really penetrated everywhere, gradually eroding any hope that this place could ever be put in order

The rain really penetrated everywhere, gradually eroding any hope that this place could ever be put in order. With varying diligence, it watered us for about three days, and then something finally appeared from behind the clouds... No, not the luminaries at all. The black moon appeared and like an eyesore it crawled across the clear sky. I was sitting on the roof of the citadel and looking at the ocean.

 I was sitting on the roof of the citadel and looking at the ocean

For the first time, I didn't want to run somewhere. Follow a route that wasn't drawn up by me. I felt a collision with a force so powerful that resistance seemed useless. I could not be distracted by this woman with a look, because there was absolutely nothing, I could oppose to her. I basked in the rays of the sun and digested the information extracted from the archive machines. Somehow, mysteriously, I managed to turn them on. I did it as if I had done it many times, without hesitating for a second. And if something has been tormenting me these days, this was it.

But work distracts. Looking in the database for research equipment, I found diagrams of several devices that helped out the first contact mission. The young humanity sent them to study distant frontiers and provided with extremely useful tools unimaginable in my world. I chose a tablet for storing a portable database and tried to assemble something similar in my head. Wishing the device in front of me, I got an object that looked very similar to the original images, but it did not work. Then I had to delve into the details of the factory assembly, opened a textbook on physics, then on mathematics. This rabbit hole has taken me far.

A song was heard from below. It was Baraman who was studying with the children on the waste ground. They cleared it of corpses in a matter of days. And now he has set up something like a school there, only with a focus on survival. Surprisingly, Captain Kulagi helped the furry countryman in everything. And even the sailor Fig had a hand in cleaning.

The sad news came a week later. Richitina managed to catch a signal from the mainland. It reported the Federation's loss of all major cities on the coast. And Master Eleanor Grummays was officially declared dead at the Maneian Heights. I cried a few times alone. Although this man pursued his own interest, he was like a father to me. Everything inside me was shaking, I wanted to close up, go to the bottom with the submarine and lie forgotten by the whole world. But it seems I've become less sensitive after everything that's happened to me. A day, two, and I realized that I would just eat myself if I didn't do anything. And went back to math.