Citadel

Kolitar wasn't lying, her close friend, Ivanna, once worked as a garbage collector around the Citadel, the tallest building in the middle of the island

Kolitar wasn't lying, her close friend, Ivanna, once worked as a garbage collector around the Citadel, the tallest building in the middle of the island. The woman led us through the tunnel from the incinerator to a strong metal door, behind which there was a garbage chute of the building. The rooms kept a sweet smell of rotting. I didn't throw up, but covered my nose with hand for a long time.

"Now do it yourself," Kolitar smiled, tugging at the locked door.

"And how do you think we're going to get inside?" May-e-oka frowned.

A shaggy woman put her hand behind the pipe above us and pulled out a rusty key. Inserting it into the keyhole, she tried to turn it, but didn't have enough strength. For a while, everyone stood and watched her push, until Lieutenant Lipovaska took off and helped her. Eventually they opened the door together, showering the audience with an even more concentrated smell of garbage. Savaya vomited porridge.

"Now you yourself," repeated Kolitar, "we will return

"Now you yourself," repeated Kolitar, "we will return..."

"No," I said sternly, "we don't know anything about your customs, we need a guide."

"At least let my daughter go," the woman pleaded.

"No," Baraman snapped, "the girl should come with us."

"You behave just like them," Kolitar burst into tears.

"Don't whine, you idiot, the Savior needs you," Baraman growled right in front of her face. And the girl jumped out from behind her mother and began to beat his hands.

"Don't scare Mom, scared, don't scare, scared!"

"Circus," May-e-oka chuckled.

"Calm down, everyone, please. We won't let you offend," I tried to reason with them.

"You don't understand..."

"We don't understand a lot of things here, that's why we need you."

Kolitar looked up at me with eyes full of bitterness, closed them and nodded.

"That's good," I gave her a strained smile, "Shae will not take his eyes off you, and will not give offense, right, Lieutenant?"

Lipovaska looked at me with apprehension and nodded.