5

My mom dropped me off at Mason's on friday morning.

"be good dont embarress us or him or their family dont do anything stupid and be safe." she said as i got out of the car.

"ok mom bye."

"i love you Fia." I paused she never used to say that to me it was like a rare and special treat to be told that she loves me.

"i love you too" I said before shutting the trunk and walking up to the front door. Brooke answered the door and led me to the car so i could load my stuff.

"you ready for tonight?" she asked leaning against the car watching me.

"no it feels surreal and if i think about it too much i start to panic."

"youll do fine."

"do you know the plan?"

"yall are driving down there and they have a hotel room for you when you get there they have like makeup and hair and stuff for you and then i think Mason said something about a limo but i dont know about that. and then you walk the red carpet and take photos and watch the movie then there is some fan meet and greet for mason but there is probably some green room/waiting room for you to wait in so you dont have to stand there the whole time."

Mason walked into the garage as she finished. 

"just dont stress it it will be over before you know. And its not a meet and greet its this party like thing. And then some of the cast is having a little after party as well but you dont have to go unless you want to." He said throwing a duffle in the trunk. "and then we stay the night at the hotel and leave tomorrow." He finished opening the door and throwing his backpack in and taking the one from me and putting it in there as well. "also my dads driving i hope your ok with that."

"yea thats fine."

"need anything before we leave?"

"nope."

"alright then climb on in." 

I climbed in and slide across to the seat on the otherside he climbed in after me and shut the door. Brooke came to the garage door again and shouted that their dad was going to be a minute he was gathering the last few things and getting some breakfast. When she was out of sight Mason turned to me. 

"are we going to kiss tonight or no."

"we should for some photos probably."

"umm. ima try it again ok."

"ok."

he slid closer to me and placed a finger under my jaw to pull me towards him a bit and kissed me. He pulled away and looked at me for a second before we both leaned in at the same time to kiss again. My fingers going to his jaw and up to his hair before tangling in it. We heard footsteps coming our direction and jumped apart. Mason didnt have time to slid back to the other seat before his dad walked out and was in the car.

"Alright kids buckle up i cant kill a rising star or someone else's kid." he said turning to look at us smiling. Masons face was still red and flustered from what his dad almost walked in on and stared blankly at him. I kicked his shin before he snapped back from whatever that was and buckled the seatbelt as i followed suit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its a three hour drive to the hotel and thirty minutes in Fia was asleep on my shoulder. My dad was blissfully unaware of what was happening a few minutes prior. I knew if i kissed her on the carpet they would see my friends would see everyone at our school would probably see or find out at some point. But she was my girlfriend and thats what girlfriends and boyfriends do is kiss. But having my dad almost walk in on that was scary and the fact that it was 'practice' almost makes it worse. Like no dad that wasnt a real kiss because it didnt mean anything even if i like her she doesnt reciprocate the feelings.