Chapter Twenty-Five

Hi Everyone!
Don't forget to like & leave a comment, I love reading & replying to them!

After a fitful night of sleep, Wren and I decide to leave the sorority house at around eight that morning

After a fitful night of sleep, Wren and I decide to leave the sorority house at around eight that morning. She borrowed a pair of sweatpants with a matching hoodie I've never worn but kept in my closet as a 'just in case I get skinny overnight' option.

The girls kept quiet about her being here. Things like family visits or sleepovers were usually supposed to run past Gianna, our president, or Mrs. Warner, satan. Over the years there's been a few incidents that require this necessary communication. But what they don't know won't kill them.

She sits quietly in between Nova and me at the breakfast table. I silently thanked our lord and savior that it was a Saturday because this place would be crawling with upbeat, curious sorority sisters. Instead, we have a good amount of half-dead, hungover bitches.

The joys of living in a house with only women. I love them.

One of the girls, Cami, couldn't stop staring at my sister from across the table. Leaning forward over the table, I whisper to her, "Keep staring at her and I'll cable tie you to that chair and smash pots and pans over your hungover head for an hour, okay?"

Her eyes drop to her plate. I smile victoriously, chewing on a piece of bacon. Nova leans back in her chair, catching my eye over Wren's head. "Your sadistic tendencies are showing," she sings softly, grinning as she sips from her orange juice. Rachel, a junior, opens her mouth but Nova levels her with a glare. "Not a fucking word, Rachie." Her mouth shuts.

"Whoever invented the sun needs to suffer," Hallie mumbles, walking into the room wearing a tank top and cotton shorts as pajamas; a silk robe; fuzzy slippers, and a pair of big cat-eye sunglasses. Indoors. She's wearing sunglasses inside.

Clapping my hands, I shove my chair back and hold open my arms to Hallie. "There's my favorite southern belle."

Hallie pauses and without seeing her eyes, I know she's glaring at me. "Suck a dick."

Nova chokes on her food. She coughs, slamming a hand to her chest. Once she's finished nearly dying, she sips her water and croaks out, "You say that like she won't."

Without hesitation, I lean over my sister and smack the back of Nova's head. "Shut the fuck up, Wren is literally right here."

Nova's forehead crinkles. "Have you heard the stuff that comes out of her mouth? She's worse than you."

Wren brushes some of her dark hair out of her face and shrugs. "Where the fuck do you think I get it from?"

I shove out of my chair. "Okay, we're leaving before Gianna sees you."

"Before Gianna sees who, exactly?" Speak of the devil and she shall appear. Crap.

Hallie's too tired to do anything other than lift her head the slightest bit while moaning in despair.