Chapter Twelve

Hi Everyone!

• Don't forget to like & leave a comment, I love to hear from you all!

Lifting my head up and to the side, I catch a glimpse of Levi's sharp jawline

Lifting my head up and to the side, I catch a glimpse of Levi's sharp jawline. He's staring down at Joel, eyes filled with quiet rage and his jaw is taut.

Not a bad view from where I'm standing.

His body is warm against my back, his chest brushing against my shoulder blades. Is it weird that I kind of just want to lean back into him? Hallie's eyes are wide in shocked amusement, her mouth opening and closing like she's dying to say something.

Joel's eyebrows furrow in confusion, glancing between Levi and me trying to define the connection. Honestly dude, same. Nevertheless, Joel shakes it off and smiles up at Levi. "Saints, look, man," he begins, holding his hands up in a placating manner, "don't worry about it, this one over here," he jerks his thumb in my direction, "was causing trouble and—"

I surge forward. "I was the one causing trouble?" I demand with a scoff, ready to smack him. A hand snakes around my waist and pulls me flush against his chest. His big hand splays over my stomach, holding me still while I struggle in his arms. I point an accusing finger at him. "You're the one who cheated on his girlfriend, you douche canoe!"

My back vibrates from Levi's silent laugh. I want to smile but I'm so mad at the human equivalent of unseasoned chicken that is, Joel.

The crowd parts slowly as Gianna pushes her way to us. "Okay, shows over people," she says, clapping her hands, gaining everyone's attention. "Put the music back on!"

Within a heartbeat a classic song starts playing through the speakers, causing partygoers to yell in excitement, some already singing along as the lyrics start.

Hallie rushes over but is cut off by Gianna's hand. "Hallie, go make sure everyone outside is having a good time," she orders but her eyes are on me. Hallie offers a helpless shrug before turning to go out the kitchen door. "Joel. Katie. Go fight somewhere else, you're ruining the mood."

Katie bristles. With a stiff nod, she grabs Joel's shirt and shoves him towards the front door. Her friends follow silently.

Gianna's eyes trail down to my waist, her eyebrows raising. Looking down, I note that Levi's arm is still touching me. Crap. I twist out of his hold and clear my throat, watching Gianna patiently. Her eyes flick up to mine. "You had one job tonight."

"And I did it," I state defensively, "I stopped the catfight, it's not my fault that idiot opened his mouth afterward."

Gianna's eyes hold no emotion, it's like talking to a block of ice. "Go chill out, I can't have you swinging at party guests again, even if they do deserve it," she added the last part, showing the smallest hint of understanding on my side.