Chapter Nine

Hello Everyone!

• Don't forget to like & leave a comment! I love to hear from you all!!

Gianna calls a Chapter Meeting Monday night.

The whole day turned into a bust when Professor Stewart called on me during class this morning. Not only was I half asleep, but still recovering from this weekend's shenanigans. Jonah, being no help at all, slid down in his seat to avoid detection while rubbing his temples slowly.

We only see her twice a week but that's two times too many in my opinion. I knew the answer, as I told Jonah, we were going to be so goddamn delightful she would have to at least tolerate us.

But shit was I exhausted. Monday and I don't get along. Mornings in general are my nemesis but waking up early on a Monday is like declaring war on myself. I hate my past self who thought I would be clever to sign up for early classes to have empty afternoons but I regret it every year.

No one said I was smart.

If only I listened to myself during Freshman year. Freshman Perrie was naive yet so wise for her age. I miss her.

The meeting is being held in the dining room. Not everyone can fit at the table since it would have to be three times bigger so the sophomores and some juniors line the walls. Seniors sit on surfaces, a silent show of their seniority.

Sitting on an armchair she made Hallie and I carry into the room, sat Warden, staring us down over the rim of her glasses. I lean against the wall, trying not to nod off while the others get themselves organized.

Gianna stands at the head of the table and claps her hand, halting all conversation. "Okay, let's start today's meeting regarding Rush Week." Excited whispers fill the space.

I don't mind Rush Week. Sure, it can be a disaster if you're not prepared but I don't have to worry about those kinds of things since I'm a junior. Only the seniors have to mentor the potential additions to our sorority.

The few things we have no choice in participating in, are the Rush Week events. Maybe participating is the wrong word to use, more like chaperoning. Specifically, the first party happening this Friday at our sorority as the unofficial start of Rush Week. Officially, Rush Week will commence next week but high-ranking members of Greek Row like to join together to really put on a show for future members.

Hence, this party. It'll be invite-only, but the guestlist includes mostly Greek members and certain non-Greek students that really elevate the status of the party.

A downside is a mandatory rule that we all need to be there to support our sorority.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the support. Contrary to how I may come across, I do enjoy being in a sorority. There's a certain sense of comfort, of friendship between you and your sisters. You never feel lonely. My mother used to rave about wanting to join a sorority when she was younger so I took the leap and rushed freshman year, hoping she'd love it.