Chapter Four

Hello Everyone!

• Don't forget to like, comment, and share! I love to hear from you all!

"I'm sorry but all Human Relations Classes in that section are full, you'll just have to stick it out or wait another semester to take the class

"I'm sorry but all Human Relations Classes in that section are full, you'll just have to stick it out or wait another semester to take the class."

The unhelpful voice from the lady at the admin office echoes through my head as I shove the double doors open and stomp down the steps after my last class for the day. I couldn't afford to take the class next semester when Henry has my entire class schedule planned out for every semester. One of the stipulations for him paying for my college is that, and to 'just have fun!'.

I rub my temples, feeling the hangover headache from this morning making its reappearance.

Jonah's head snaps up at my loud steps. The look on my face dashes his hopeful one. "Nothing?"

"All of the other classes are full," I mutter, vying off the sidewalk to walk across the lawn. "Apparently a mass email went out to the whole class late last night about the sudden switch in professors and there was an influx of dropouts in our class."

Jonah groans, pushing his hands into his hair. "Who even reads emails anymore? Why is that still a thing?" he exclaims, his pace picking up to match his frustration.

"I'm more annoyed that no one warned us. Those assholes. Madison was on the class roster but she wasn't in there today, she totally knew." I scowl. A few people I recognize wave to Jonah and me but we're so focused on our anger we barely manage a friendly wave in return.

Jonah trips over nothing, righting himself before he can fall. "Do you think she'll fail us because of freshman year? No one holds a grudge for that long, do they?" he demands frantically, "I can't fail another class, my dad's already threatened to move in if my grades start slipping after that hellish Math class last year so he can keep an eye on me." He grabs the top of my shirt and yanks me towards him, his eyes frantic. "I can't fail, Perrie, I can't."

Smacking his hands away, I glare up at him and tap the side of his head, forcing him to make eye contact. "We are not going to fail, okay? We are going to be so goddamn delightful in that class, there's going to be no way for her to even think of giving us anything below a C."

I drag him along with me until we hit the only coffee place on campus. Since I spent thirty minutes begging the admissions office, Hallie should be finishing up class any minute.

Coffee Buns sits directly next to the center of the main quad on campus. The line can sometimes get out of control but to the sleep-deprived students of this college, this line is worth every minute of torture.

Today's queue for Coffee Buns is out the door and at least twenty feet long. It's prime time since most students have a break for lunch and others are either finishing their classes for the day or are wanting to grab a coffee before they start classes for the day.