Chapter Eleven

Hello Everyone!
• Don't forget to like & leave a comment! I love to hear from you all 💜

Hello Everyone!• Don't forget to like & leave a comment! I love to hear from you all 💜

Everything's set up for the party. Delicate and expensive furniture has been moved to the basement by a couple of frat brothers who would do anything for a girl with a nice smile. Our most valuable things are safely locked down there and only Gianna has the key.

Our bedrooms are also a 'no-go zone', each girl has the job of locking their own room and keeping the key safe. If you lose your key, you'll have to wait until the party is over or crash in someone else's room.

I'm sitting in my room, dreading going downstairs. Nova and Hallie are standing in the doorway of the bathroom, watching me put on the last of my makeup. These parties are always so challenging to be at. Frat bros take alcoholism to a different level and the sorority girls only encourage it. At last year's Pre-Rush Week party, someone went through a window and no one batted an eye not even when I was directly behind the window mentioned, and ended up in the ER with eight stitches in my forearm.

A stupid decision is more than welcome in my eyes, but a stupid decision that hurts others is a different story.

I scowl at my reflection. Hallie bounces on her feet, fixing her cowboy hat. "Can we go already? You look great," she whines, listening to the pumping music vibrating the floor beneath our feet.

My head tilts in her direction as I give her an unimpressed look. Only one of my eyes has eyeshadow on it, the other is bare. "Say that again," I drawl, raising an eyebrow.

She snorts. "Sorry."

Twisting back to the mirror, I say, "You go downstairs, I'll meet you there in a few minutes." They give me conflicted looks. "Go, I'll meet you downstairs."

Hallie nods with argument and literally skips away, her top dangerously flowing around, especially since she's gone braless tonight.

Nova hovers for another beat. "Two minutes and then I'm coming up here and you're going down there, finished or not," she says, telling me she's not playing around with how I've dragged it out long enough.

I smile softly. "Deal."

Barely a minute has gone past when I finish my other eye and instead of immediately leaving, I assess my reflection in the mirror. I've gone for a smokey eye with a dark green shadow blended in. The color perfectly matches the green lace bodysuit I'm wearing with a pair of black jeans and black ankle-strap heels.

The young woman that stares back at me looks worried. I know the kind of people that attend these parties. Some people don't care and others care too much about their appearance. I hover between the two. Because when I look in the mirror, I know I'm insecure. I don't hold the usual beauty standard that's stereotypically placed on sorority girls.

And I'd love to say that I don't care about people's opinions, but that would be a lie.

That saying about how sticks and stones may break bones but words don't harm me, is the biggest lie someone could have told me as a kid. Words hurt. And they stick with you years later. Whether you want them to or not.