RPSL Chapter 44

– Winter, snowy night, seaside.

Under the snowy sky, Zhang Man hugged the youth she was in love with.

The waves lapped against the rocks and sand, the sea breeze whistled, and snowflakes fell silently on the ground, in the sea, and many, many more, landing also on the faces and bodies of the two.

The extremely low temperature gave Zhang Man goosebumps, and even though the youth's cold embrace at this time did not give her any warmth, she tried hard to hold herself back from shivering.

She could only calmly feel his uncontrollable trembling and choking sobs.

She thought that perhaps the most difficult step had already been taken.

In an extremely severe mental shock, people will begin to delirium, the same way Li Wei just did—he could not distinguish what is reality, what is false. If no one comes to wake him up at this time, the collapse of his worldview will cause an irreparable blow to his psyche.

And yet, Zhang Man is not optimistic at all...

No matter how much he knew the world was real, it was still too big a blow for him.

No one wants to admit that they are really "crazy". He used to not care about what people said because he thought he wasn't and he felt that they had misunderstood him.

How sure he was before, at this moment, after he learned the truth, the panic in his heart will be more intense.

What's more, he lost two of the most important "people" in his life in a flash.

Pain can never be measured.

—was what Zhang Man was thinking. At this moment, his heart must be experiencing deep pain that she could not imagine.

......

When the two finally got home, the youth seemed calmer than before, but still didn't talk.

The two people's hair, and clothes have long been wet by the rain and snow, and their shoes have been soaked by the waves on the beach, as if they had just been fished out of the sea.

Zhang Man led him inside, pressed his shoulders and sat him on the big sofa in the living room, and went to the bathroom to boil hot water for him. But as soon as she took two steps, the youth followed her.

Like a lonely shadow, it can only follow its master.

"Li Wei, you go sit on the couch for a while, I'll plug in the water heater. We both need to take a hot shower or we'll catch a cold."

The youth reached over and pulled her sleeve, looked at her, shook his head and did not speak— a pair of dark eyes stubbornly looking at her.

Zhang Man softened almost immediately.

She really can't do anything with him either.

"Alright... You can stand by and watch me then?"

The youth nodded and took her hand.

When the hot water was ready, Zhang Man pushed him into the shower, and he was unwilling once again.

Zhang Man laughed softly and teased him, "We can't both wash together, right? If you are willing, I have no problem."

"Man Man."

His voice sounds so hoarse, different from the low-pitched, mellow, and gentle voice he had before, at present, it carries an indescribable burning sensation, as if he had taken a sip of sulfuric acid.

"Will you join me there? You stand by and keep me company...... I don't want to be alone."

He never wanted to be alone again.