RPSL Chapter 24

Over November, the fall of N City passed so quietly that the deciduous trees on both sides of the road were completely bare. The air is dry and cold as the temperature plummets, making it the most difficult season of the year.

    More than three months have passed since Zhang Man was reborn.

    In early December, she took the monthly exams a lot more seriously. The physics results of this and several subsequent exams are very important, and the class teacher will select the students who will participate in the physics competition in the sophomore year.

    Zhang Man’s calculations are clear. Li Wei has given her more than three months of remedial classes, and it is only natural that she has made greater progress than before, which will not arouse his suspicion.

    So she wrote with a free hand, and did everything except for the last problem, which was a bit more complicated and was left blank.

    Sure enough, after the results came out, she caused a small stir in the class. She was a freshman who failed the physics test before, surprisingly got more than 100 on a paper with a score of 120. Even the class teacher, Liu Zhijun, paid attention to her and took the initiative to call her to the office to praise and encourage her.

    Zhang Man came back from the office and joyfully put the physics paper on the youth’s desk, holding her cheeks with both hands while looking at him with two shining eyes, expecting to get his praise.

    The youth took the paper and looked at the areas where she missed a few marks, and his good-looking brow furrowed gently.

    “The last question was similar to the one we did in the last makeup class, but you got it wrong.”

    Zhang Man yanked over the test paper to have a good look at it. It was really the same question that was done last time.

    Oh no! She didn’t pay any attention to what the last question was during the exam and assumed it must be a very complicated problem, so she just left it blank.

    Thinking on her feet, she let out a smile and forced an explanation, “I’m still not skilled enough. I thought the topic looked familiar at the time, but I just couldn’t remember how to do it.”

    The youth nodded and stopped giving her a hard time.

    Zhang Man changed the subject: “Li Wei, are you going to participate in the physics competition afterwards? Do you think I have learned well? Would it be good for me to go with you? I recently felt that physics is quite fun.”

    Only then did the youth give her a serious look, like he was assessing whether she was serious or not.

    Zhang Man immediately sat upright, and folded her hands in a disciplined manner, looking very sincere: “I’m serious about this, look, my total score in our class is the bottom of the barrel. If I take the college entrance exam, I, most likely, will get a higher chance of getting admitted, if I compete.”

    The youth heard the words and said softly, “It will be very tiring.”

    “I’m not afraid of that, next time I go to your house, why don’t you teach me the competition questions? I’ve checked it all out, the high school competition ranges from college mechanics, electromagnetism and thermodynamics. We’ll start with college mechanics, okay?”