RPSL Chapter 32

Their punishment ended at noon.

    After lunch, Zhang Man and Chen Feier went for a walk in the schoolyard, which is a little farther away from the cafeteria, in order to eat.

    The weather outside today is not bad, the snow has stopped and the temperature is much warmer than two days ago. The cinder track was cleared, but snow was still piled up in the lawn on the edge of the track.

    Every winter, the thick snow is pure and beautiful only for a few days, and after a short time, it will be mixed with sludge or some dirty things and become muddy.

    There is a basketball court in the middle of the cinder track, and many idle boys take advantage of the nap time to play ball. A few sharp-eyed ones saw school girls walking, whistling several times at their side.

***

    Chen Feier took Zhang Man’s arm and was a little worried, “Man Man, I heard that Si Jin is chasing Li Wei these days, and with vigor. Do you think he’ll fall for her? She seems to be quite pretty.”

    Zhang Man remembered Li Wei’s reaction and was in a good mood and bent her eyes: “No, he won’t.”

Chen Feier was a bit puzzled, “Man Man, when you first started school, you said you were going to chase him but now a semester has passed and you two should have a good relationship, right? So when are you going to confess your love?”

    Zhang Man sighed in her heart.

    Originally her intention was to go along with it until the time was right for both of them, and one day they would be naturally together.

    After all, Li Wei’s situation is special. He has encountered so much and simply does not believe in feelings. She is worried that if she confesses too early, he will instead feel that she’s too hasty and not serious about it.

    She is trying to use practical actions to let him feel that she likes him, and then integrate into his life little by little, so that he gets used to her presence in order not to think about those delusions of family and friends.

    However, Si Jin’s appearance rang her alarm bells and sparked the desire for monopoly in her heart, and she knew it was time for her to speed up the process.

    They made small talk as they walked back.

    Outside the schoolyard are two rows of evergreen firs, which are the only lime green in a campus full of bleakness in winter. The fir is very tall, and its shape changes from wide to narrow from the bottom to the top. It is often used as a Christmas tree in the West, and at this time, with snow falling on it, it really does have the flavor of a Christmas tree.

    The two walked out of the gravel path between two rows of tall firs and ran head-on into a tall, good-looking girl.

    “Hey, your name is Zhang Man, right? It’s me, Si Jin.”

    ……

    —Time goes back one class period.

    It’s been a week since Si Jin transferred from Rong Huai. Naturally, her purpose in coming here is not to study.

    Her initial thought was good, first send breakfast to get acquainted, and then reminisce together to catch up with the past and maybe it won’t take a week to take down his guard.

    Who knew that things would go so badly – Xiao Li simply couldn’t be bothered and refused the breakfast she sent every day. She even suspected that after a week of going to brush her face, he might still not remember her.