RPSL Chapter 29

On Christmas Day, the snow that had been off and on for a while suddenly stopped and the weather began to clear.

    The long-lost blue sky and white clouds made Zhang Man feel relaxed, and she looked out the window while lying on the table.

    Since that time she and Zhang Huifang talked, mother and daughter have spoken openly to each other. Zhang Huifang, under her efforts to persuade her, has not yet fully accepted the idea of having a second child if she gets married, but has also loosened up a bit.

    And Uncle Xu did not disappoint her expectations either. He launched a fierce offensive and asked Zhang Huifang out several times in just over a week, and she could see that Zhang Huifang was very happy.

    Uncle Xu is a reliable man, and likes Zhang Huifang so much. If in this life the two can really get together in the end and form a family, nothing could be better.

    She was relaxed, but Li Wei was not.

    He was annoyed.

    When he came in the morning he saw several gift boxes on Zhang Man’s desk, and he casually glanced at them, all of which were Christmas gifts given to her by some boys he didn’t know.

    Some of the packages even had sticky notes in the shape of hearts, with words that looked very ugly to him, along with pretentious and incoherent confessions!

    His heart was in turmoil and his blood began to boil, as if there was a group of people coveting something of his, where he could not see.

    It was a strange feeling for him… since he grew up with nothing but physics as a child.

    –Fighting with people is a very time-consuming and laborious task, and he simply doesn’t bother to do it. So he is irrelevant to everything, let alone possessive.

    But when he thought of the young girl who was usually quiet and cold to everyone else, but would smile at him, cry at him, and pamper him, he felt like his heart had collapsed a piece.

    What if she sees those gifts and later smiles and cries at others like that, even hides in their arms and pampers them?

    Can’t even think about it.

    The thought of it makes his internal organs throb with pain, and a burning anger is rising in his head which he can hardly control himself.

    Thus, the disciplined man did another unruly thing.

    —He hid all the gifts and put them in his own drawer.

    The youth poked the exercise book on the table with the tip of the pen again and again, and became more and more irritable. Even the rare sunlight outside the window seemed annoying and harsh to him. He didn’t understand why many things became different after he met her.

    He began to have many more emotions and learned to do things that he would otherwise be very uncomfortable with.

    For example, that day in the bar where he hugged her and told that lie, as well as hiding all the gifts today.