RPSL: Chapter 11

She wondered if Li Wei would remain at home and wait for her with a hungry stomach, he shouldn't be, right? He wouldn't be so stupid, right?

But when she thought of his mental state, she couldn't relax at all.

Zhang Man frowned at the needle stuck in her left hand and said anxiously, "Mom, I really have something to do, I agreed with my classmate to go to his house today for extra lessons."

Zhang Huifang stared at her disapprovingly, "Go back and lie down! What can't we talk about tomorrow? It's already 11:30 in the evening, and that classmate of yours should have gone to bed long ago."

It's already so late? She thought it was only seven or eight o'clock at night.

Zhang Man took a glance at the dark night outside the window and slumped back to the bedside to sit down. She flipped open her cell phone, but reluctantly remembered that she hadn't saved Li Wei's home phone number.

Zhang Huifang took a look at the back of her hand and sucked in a breath: "I let you fool around, now you're bleeding again. I gave you a day off for tomorrow's daytime class. You were so sick this time that your fever didn't go down completely. The doc recommends staying another day."

She said, hanging the I.V. bottle a little higher.

The back of her hand was a little swollen, but Zhang Man didn't have the heart to care, and only shook her head, "No, I have to go to class tomorrow, I'm already much better."

She was afraid that Zhang Huifang wouldn't let her, so she added, "I'm afraid I won't be able to catch up if I take the day off right after school starts, and the next physics and math classes will be difficult."

Zhang Huifang thought about it and thought she was quite reasonable, so she nodded, "Then go home after you finish this bottle and we will come back tomorrow night." .

.......

That night, Zhang Man thought about Li Wei and had a hard time sleeping, and kept tossing and turning until dawn.

The next day, with two black circles under her eyes, she arrived at school early.

The rain of the last two days had completely disappeared, and the air was hot and humid again, the whole classroom was like a closed steamer, and it was stifling.

Before it was time for the morning class, the students came one after another, and sat down to discuss what had happened over the weekend. Zhang Man heard them discussing Li Wei, talking about "sticky post" and "horrible" and so on.

She didn't care, but stared restlessly at the classroom door, waiting nervously for Li Wei to come.

Zhang Man's mood at the moment was apprehensive and anxious. It was clear that the relationship between the two finally made some progress on Saturday, but yesterday she stood him up for the day.

At 6:55 a.m., the teenager stepped on the bell of the morning class and arrived at the classroom. Some students around saw him come in, and the whispers came to an abrupt halt.

Zhang Man's eyes lit up and immediately stood up to let him in, carefully observing his appearance.

"Li Wei, you've come?"

Who knows that the teenager didn't even look at her, sat down expressionlessly and took out the textbook on his own, spreading it out. There was no trace of any emotion in those dark eyes.

There was no blame, no questioning, and no anger, as if he had completely forgotten that she had stood him up yesterday when she said she would cook for him.