RPSL Chapter 35

“Li Wei, I am already your girlfriend. We have a long time ahead of us.”

    When she said the word “girlfriend”, the youth’s body trembled and he turned his face to look at her in disbelief after a moment.

    His eyes held such a bright light, full of ecstasy.

    “Girlfriend?” He asked back, afraid he’d misheard.

    God knows, when he heard these words, his whole body suddenly felt like being struck by lightning, and he couldn’t say anything.

    He thought he was lucky that she liked him, but what did she just say? 

    She was his girlfriend now?

    She was already his? She is his?

    Zhang Man took this opportunity to push him away to see his frozen look and pouted, “Did you think I would let you hold me for so long if I wasn’t your girlfriend?”

    –She forgot that she had hugged him for a long time before too, when she wasn’t.

    She wanted to tease him again and said in a regretful tone, “You don’t think so? Then forget it…”

    But the next second, she was wrapped around her waist and picked up. It was one of those hugs where her feet were off the ground, and he picked her up and carried her in a gentle circle.

    Zhang Man could see in his eyes that there seemed to be many, many stars shining so brightly.

    The youth’s heart began to feel painful again.

    He felt that he had become so greedy and if one’s greed for a world has a fixed value, then his former desire to talk, to be indifferent, to give up, suddenly seemed to accumulate because of her.

    –It turns out there is such a person in the world that whenever you see her, you want to hold her in your arms. And when you really hold her, you still want more.

    He let the girl in his arms down and pressed against her forehead as he approached cautiously, almost uncontrollably, to kiss the corner of her lips, but paused when he came closer.

    No, we have to take our time.

    He never had much luck and couldn’t use it all up tonight. Like she said, there’s a long time ahead.

    ……

    When the two walked back from the field, Zhang Man only felt that the road was extraordinarily long, and she didn’t know where to put her hands and feet. They’re obviously already boyfriend and girlfriend, and she wants to go over and hold his hand but she can’t move her hand no matter how her brain commands it.

    Just then, she felt the back of the youth’s hand come over and touch hers. It seemed that after sensing that she wasn’t dodging, it went around to her palm and gently took her hand.

    Ten fingers interlocked.

    She was led forward, her heart suddenly racing, and in the darkness, the corners of her mouth curled up while her eyes twinkled looking at the back of the youth’s head.

    Holding hands is a very peculiar thing. Although there is obviously not as much touching as hugging, the tactile sensitivity of nerves in the fingers is so sharp. She could feel his knuckles wrapped around her, the dry warmth of his palms, and the gentle force with which he tugged her forward.

    Everything is too gentle for words.

    But it didn’t last long, Zhang Man is still too thin-skinned. When they reached a crowded place, she talked her way out of it, and the youth finally agreed to let go. But when he let go, his eyes then began to stop looking at the road and stare firmly at her.