RPSL: Chapter 14

In late September, the midday sun has become a little more partial than it was in July and August, and it is no longer waving the heat around so boldly, and the months of stifling heat have finally dissipated a bit in these two days.

When October rolls around, it will be almost autumn, and in a little while it will be time for the Inter-school National Day Joint Performances that N City High School holds every year.

In addition to the school's clubs and student councils, each freshman and sophomore class is required to submit two entries, and then the auditions will be held afterwards. If the program makes it to the Inter-school Top Ten, the school will award a pennant to the class or club where the program is located.

Since the class was an experimental class, grades were the most important thing, and the class teacher didn't pay much attention to this kind of honor, so up to now the class didn't even have a full complement of programs.

In her previous life, Zhang Man remembered that her class had only one program, which was a dance program for a few girls, and the final selection process ended with no results.

After having a meal, she and Chen Feier walked around the school yard.

As the largest high school in N City, the First Middle School covers a vast area. The school has two fields, one with a 400-meter circle track and a huge artificial green lawn in the middle with a wide soccer field. The other was a cinder track with volleyball and basketball courts in the center, where they normally had PE classes.

And the soccer field was very close to the cafeteria.

Chen Feier was walking back and forth on a hollow concrete pillar placed horizontally beside the track, swinging her arms up and down to maintain her balance and playing happily.

Zhang Man was a little worried about her wobbly form and stood at the bottom to protect her.

After walking back and forth for a while, Chen Feier suddenly remembered: "Man Man, I heard that your class didn't have enough students for the National Day Performance, why didn't you sign up? I'm sure you sing so beautifully and play the guitar well too."

Zhang Man's guitar skills and singing were learned from Zhang Huifang.

When she was young, Zhang Huifang was a lead singer in a band and sometimes a musician as well, and she was proficient in all popular instruments. When Zhang Man was young, Zhang Huifang taught her how to play guitar at home, teaching her everything from folk to rock, depending on her mood each day.

She was very casual in teaching and learning but the results were not bad, perhaps because of her natural musicality.

Now that Chen Feier suddenly mentioned it, Zhang Man couldn't help but feel some sadness: "Me? It's better to forget about it, I haven't touched it in years."

She's thinking about the past life.

After Zhang Huifang and Zheng Zineng got married in her previous life, she transferred to H City. A lot has happened since then, and the trials and tribulations of life have made life very difficult for both mother and daughter. Zhang Huifang no longer sang and played the piano and she as the daughter never touched the guitar again, even more so after she started working.

After all these years, her skills in playing the guitar had become rusty.

Chen Feier looked at her strangely and said, "How long has it been, just over a month? You played the guitar for me on my birthday this summer, remember? Man Man, that English song you played was so beautiful and you sing so well, I even felt it could be compared to a professional singer."