RPSL Chapter 21

It’s one thing to know, but it’s another to see it in person.

    It turned out that he was really so sick, Zhang Man only felt that her heart was cut back and forth with a blunt knife. The heartache overwhelmed her, leaving her defenseless.

    In the midst of endless loneliness, he had delusions of another friend besides his mother, Lin Hui.

    He lived such a life, without her knowledge, for so many years.

    Soon, the youth returned and he seemed to be in a good mood, as if he had just discussed an important issue with his “friend” just now.

    Zhang Man tried to calm down and got up, exerting a somewhat stiff smile.

    Luckily, the young man didn’t even notice.

    “Zhang Man, why are you here? Don’t you have a rehearsal today?”

    When she heard his question, she realized that perhaps he had been engaging in the “discussion” from the 6th to the present and thus had lost track of time.

    No wonder you look that tired.

    She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down, her tone was a bit angry: “Hmph! What rehearsal, can’t you see that I’m done with the show?”

    The youth looked slightly surprised and glanced at the date on his watch.

    He clenched his hand and lowered his head, his voice a bit lower: “…I was having a conversation with Nick for so long that I forgot the time and thought it was the sixth.”

    In his voice, there was clearly some guilt and self-recrimination.

    Zhang Man pretended to be a little angry, turned away and ignored him while her heart was still in a mess thinking about what just happened a while ago.

    The youth walked over with his head down, leaned down to be level with her and asked softly, “Did your… performance go well?”

    “Why ask? You weren’t there to see if it went well or not.”

    The youth looked at her cold look and a strong chagrin welled up in his heart as he gently clenched his fist once again.

    Had I known, I wouldn’t have asked Nick to meet me on the sixth. I can’t believe we talked for so long… so long that I missed her performance.

    He clearly said he would go and yet he missed his appointment and left her waiting until she found him at home.

    She must be very disappointed with me, right? Then in the future, she probably won’t come back here

    The youth dropped his head and glanced at the girl in front of him.

    She looks well-groomed today, bursting with astonishing beauty.

    The young girl’s long hair pulled up high lined her neck more. She looked slender and beautiful. The black dress outlined with a dark pattern shows off her figure and makes her look several years more mature than usual.