RPSL Chapter 34

— “Did you accept it?”

    Hearing the urgent question of the youth, Zhang Man froze, and after a moment guessed that he was probably talking about the matter of Qin Shuai.

    Her heart caved in fast at this moment.

    His eyes were red, his hair was disheveled, his tone carried the usual panic and impatience, and he came rushing forward regardless of the situation, losing his composure and calmness, just to ask her this question.

    Zhang Man thought of the youth who stood in front of the school and blocked her in her previous life and how similar his reddened eyes and painful expression were at this time.

    Her heart ached, but with a touch of warmth and sweetness that did not belong to the winter night.

    He eventually took her to heart, as he had in his previous life.

    Emotions came pouring out like a spring—Zhang Man took a deep breath and her fingertips began to tremble.

    She laughed softly, her voice soft as moonlight in the dimly lit field.

    “No, I don’t like him.”

    These few words were like heavenly music to the young man in front of her.

    It turned out that she didn’t accept it. This girl who would only cry and act like a baby at him didn’t become someone else’s.

    A certain string taut inside the youth, at this moment suddenly loosened, the blood frozen in his body flows again and he can hear his heart beating enthusiastically in his chest cavity.

    —Like a rebirth after the robbery.

    Fate has not abandoned him once again, as it did when he was seven years old.

    However, even though the deadly threat was gone, the pain in his heart was not relieved in any way.

    In this instant, the youth, who was usually cold to the core, suddenly realized how greedy he was.

    He wants so much more than that.

    On the dim steps with a little cold wind, he quietly gazed at the girl in front of him, the nerves beating in the corner of his forehead and the intense pain in his heart, told him the only answer behind all the questions.

    It finally dawned on him at this moment.

    All he ever wanted was her.

    That’s why every time he saw her, his heart itched. When she’s sad it’s twice as hard, and when she’s bullied, he starts to go crazy.

    He wanted to hold her in his arms at every moment.

    He figured out that the kind of heart-bursting pain that he had never experienced before was fondness. He unknowingly had someone living in his heart—the petite girl standing in front of him.

    He likes her.

    He finally understood that the feeling of liking someone is pain. Whenever he saw her, there would be a dull pain somewhere in his heart.