RPSL Chapter 30

The winter in N City is always inscrutable. On the day of New Year’s Eve, it started snowing again after a few days of sunshine.

    Outside, it was snowy and windy, but inside it was warm.

    Zhang Man is in Li Wei’s study, doing the angular momentum problem of a rigid body in a competition book, in which the force analysis and calculation process is very complicated. She had studied college physics in her previous life, but never touched it after teaching in high school, and was already rusty.

    It’s been more than 20 years since she’s been exposed to it, and she’s still struggling to do it.

    But the knowledge you have learned can be picked up again quickly.

    After about five or six minutes, Zhang Man made a complete analysis of the forces on each object, calculated the different moments, and found the key to solving the problem. She followed the steps and wrote the solution without skipping a single step.

    The large desk in the study has two very different styles. The girl sat upright, her handwriting was also upright and the draft paper was divided into two sides by a vertical line in the middle. She wrote the solution process on the left and made a draft on the right, and each formula was marked with a number after it, which was so perfect that it could cure OCD.

    The youth on the other hand were not as sophisticated as she was. He had a thick pile of papers spread out in front of him, with all kinds of notes drawn on them. He took the pen and wrote quickly on the paper, but his handwriting was not too clear and did not exactly follow the path of the horizontal lines on the paper.

    He writes quickly enough to barely keep up with the calculations in his head, and many of the letters and numbers are passed in a single stroke in the way he is used to.

    With such casualness and scribblings, it is estimated that no second person can read these derivations except himself.

    Zhang Man did another question and got a little bit absent minded.

    She turned her face sideways and peeked at the youth who was writing with a quick pen. He has been sitting there for more than two hours already, doing a lot of calculations without stopping at all.

    In fact, theoretical physics, which is very romanticTranslator's Note:Okay, I’ve searched for some answers on the internet regarding the romantic side because I have no clue at all. Someone posted that ‘the real romance of theoretical physics lies in the arms of mathematical formulas. Let me explain to you, Sir/Ma’am. When you have a new theory to apply to the real world, it looks beautiful. Adding formulas to the theory lets you predict future outcomes. And there is nothing more romantic than predicting the modes of nature you love. So, yes, Theoretical physics is definitely romantic.', is not like computational physics or applied physics and electronics, which requires a lot of data measurements and the assistance of various instruments and computers.

    A pen and a piece of paper can pry up the whole universe.

    The youth’s look was serious, almost reverent, and he finally came to the desired conclusion after writing the last equation.

    He stretched slightly and turned around to look at Zhang Man.

    “What’s wrong?”