Prologue: The Power Surge

It was a dark night... Thunder crashed, and lightning flashed, violently at war with the endless raging seas of Kamino. The dark waves continued their battle with one another while the beams that sustained Tipoca City, the capital of Kamino, were caught in the crosshairs of the "battle" between wind and water. The capital stood sturdy and unmoved by the storm's rage, thanks to its clever engineering. Rain plummeted down onto the city's domed buildings and slick walkways mercilessly and seemingly without end, like rapid fire from a sentry gun.

But inside the buildings, there was peace. It was a completely different environment from the harsh conditions outside. The insides were sleek and modern. Everything was either white or in very soft tones of blues and purples with sporadic black patterns, a complete contrast to the discord outside.

The locals, the Kaninoans, were tall, thin, and pale. They looked peaceful as they strode, but one could never tell the true intentions lurking within the depths of their minds, shielded behind their wise, greyscale eyes.

Inside the capital, one of the rooms was rather large for a valid reason. There were large towers inside, each holding multiple capsules of human embryos and fetuses bred from the same DNA for the same purpose.

The whole galaxy was unaware of this cloning operation that was initiated by Jedi Master, Sifo-Dyas. Even more so, the galaxy was unaware of the future war between the senate and those who seceded from it...

A female Kaminoan walked into the room and over to one of the control panels. She glided down the walkway and looked at the status of the batches of clones. She slowly adjusted the headpiece on her head as she reviewed the data. She blinked and began to speak to another one of her kind beside her, "It seems as if all clones being made are stable and on schedule for our client- They are all healthy and well- I am sure they will serve their purposes well in the coming years...."

Unbeknownst to the Kaminoan who had just spoken, fate turned, and chaos raised its ugly head. Suddenly, a lightning bolt hit an exposed generation system that powered one of the development towers.

An electric surge was sent throughout the entire tower, affecting every capsule. The Kaminoan woman gasped in horror, "Shut it down or this one tower will ruin all that we have worked so hard for!"

Another Kaminoan looked panic-stricken, "But Lafa Re... The fetuses- They aren't ready to be birthed!"

"It's too late for them!" Lafa Re countered, "Shut the tower down and have these clones brought out early! Now!"

The other Kaminoan obeyed and disabled all power in the cloning tower." This is most unfortunate- I had a Jedi that requested through Sifo-Dyas to reserve this tower of clones specifically for her padawan- Sala Te? Give me a diagnostic on how many survived, if any, once you complete their pre-mature births..." Lafa Re ordered, walking out, rubbing her nose bridge.

Sala Te looked concerned as she observed the diagnostics. Dead... Dead... Alive... Dead... Dead... Dead... Dead... Alive... This process continued until it was discovered that only nine clones had survived the surge. Sala Te wrapped the survivors in blankets and set them on a table for observation. She probed each newborn clone and was shocked regarding what she discovered next.

The information that flashed on the screen before her eyes was nothing like what was initially programmed into each clone. All statistics had altered, and in the case of two clones out of the batch, their appearances had altered too.

Sala Te recorded all information on her data pad before running to Lafa Re's lab.

The door opened, and Lafa looked over her shoulder at Sala, "So?"

Sala Te looked around the lab briefly, observing the holo-screens and numerous vials around the room. She quickly glanced at a droid, who was running tests on some liquid matter, "Yes, just as you have requested, I have run the diagnostics and found something quite peculiar."

"Do tell- I am very interested to hear this peculiar news..." Lafa spoke, her eyes widening slightly.

"Well, from the nine clones that survived, I found that the surge altered their personalities- they are nothing like how we designed them." Sala spoke, rather shaken and tripping over her own words, which was rare for her kind, "I don't understand- this is impossible-"

Lafa cut her off and turned around, blinking, "In what areas were they altered? Dexterity? Appearance? Mentality?"

"Everything. Although, I cannot how each clone will behave once they are matured... All I know is these clones are a threat to the Jedi who ordered them... AND her Padawan- Who knows what they'd do... For the safety of this facility, I advise that they be terminated promptly- well, all except for one, that is." Sala answered, regaining some of her mental clarity.

"What do you mean only one?"

"I saw one clone that looked perfectly regular, barely anything was affected, but a whole new attribute was added that synced to his brain... Whatever it is, I want to keep him for research. I want to know what this mysterious stat is, and if it enhances our clones' abilities in battle, I want to learn how I can replicate it." Sala explained.

Lafa looked interested, especially at the thought of replicating the enhancement. She then frowned slightly, gliding to a window that looked out into the raging outsides. She placed her hand against the glass buffer and looked at her dignified reflection, "Alas, Sala Te, the choice of termination and what shall be done with that one clone in question rests in the very hand of the Jedi who commissioned them. Until then, let the clones alone. I shall contact the Jedi promptly and hopefully; we can make a firm decision that leans in our favor... Until then, the clones rest in our hands of care." Lafa walked over to a counter covered with multiple scientific paraphernalia. She grabbed a holo-disk, "Leave me. Until we have a response, you are in charge of the infants' well-being."

"Yes, Lafa-Re... As you wish." Sala replied with a half-bow of respect before leaving and shutting the door.

Lafa closed her eyes and exhaled as the room plunged into further darkness, only illuminated by the holo-screens and the eyes of the droid going about its duties. Lafa walked up to the screen, clicking about with a cursor to pull up a typical clone status, "Just as long as the inhibitor chip wasn't impacted, everything will be fine. I wouldn't want my clients to have even more dangerous clones- those that cannot follow orders..." She closed that file before sitting at her desk and calling up the Jedi in question...

" She closed that file before sitting at her desk and calling up the Jedi in question