𝟰𝟬 𝘉𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨

AN: There is no trigger warning in this chapter, just fluff

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

AN: There is no trigger warning in this chapter, just fluff. Also, I want to know what you think about Tony. Do you think he is forgiven? Can you forgive him after this chapter?

[Until I Found You - Stephen Sanchez]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Being who I am - The Winter Soldier, an assassin, and the monster under your bed at night - I've been in many scary situations in my lifetime. Being held at gunpoint, forced to perform missions of murder outside of my own mind, and even tortured for over 50 years. But, I've never felt like I do right now. I'm practically shitting myself. This could go right, and I could walk out of his office with a smile on my face. But, there is so much more I can lose than gain. He could say no. He could slap me across the face. He could kick me out of the compound again and ban me from ever returning again. Despite Tony and I slowly gaining somewhat of a friendship over these 4 months, we can still be rocky. We don't argue over huge things like me and Eden's relationships, but yesterday we fought about who got the last burger for dinner. I had to give it to him so he didn't steal my favourite barbells from the gym, but luckily, Eden made me a snack before I went to bed. God, I really do love her. Which is why I'm slowly walking to Tony's office.

I knock on the door, trying to control my breathing as I can see Tony walking towards me through the glass walls. He opens the door, holding the wood in his grasp and looks up at me. I try to give him a warm smile, but I think he can read my nervousness.

"You good?" He chuckles. "If you're here for the mission information, Bruce and I haven't finished yet. But you and Nat did good, there is a lot to go through." He walks back over to his desk.

"Uh, no."  I stroke the back of my neck. "I need to talk to you?"

"Okay," He sits down on his chair. "What's going on?"

"Well, I know you and I haven't always liked each other."

"Understatement of the century." He tries to joke.

"Tony," I narrow my eyes.

"Sorry," He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Yeah, uh, look, I don't know when, but I really want this to be perfect. I mean, she deserves just as much, right?"

"Uh, yeah?" Tony's eyebrows scrunch together.

"I can't not ask you this since this has a lot to do with you. And, this might be weird, but please take me seriously." I ramble. "Don't laugh, or shout, or kick me out. I just want to as you a question. Well, actually, I need to-"

"Bucky," Tony stops me. "Just ask the question."

"Can I marry your daughter?"

Tony's face goes blank and he leans back in his chair. I expected him to stand from his chair and push me out of the room. But, this reaction is scarier than any scenario I could ever conjure up in my mind. For a good 20 seconds, he doesn't say a word. He doesn't move from his chair. He doesn't move his eyes from my face. I stand nervously, constantly switching my weight from each leg. When he stands from his chair finally, I prepare for a screaming match, or if I'm lucky, a hit to the chest.

"How would you do it?" He asks.

"I'm not sure." I shake my head. "I keep trying to think about it, but no idea so far is good enough."

"When would you do it?"

"I don't know," I frown. "I want it to be a surprise, and I'm not sure if Eden is ready yet, but I just want to know that I have your blessing to do it."

"Well, thank you for asking me." He smiles. "I'm glad you did."

"Do you?" I stutter. "Do you give me your blessing?"

"Yes, Bucky. I give you my blessing to marry Eden."

"Oh, god." I breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Thank you, Tony."

"Just one thing," He walks towards me. "Please, take care of her. Give her the life she wants. I've never accepted any of her past boyfriends, they've always fucked her over or used her for money. But you actually stayed. You fought your way back in and actually thought about her feelings and family. I need you to continue doing that. She may never want children or the white picket fence life, but please don't just leave her behind. Take care of her when I can't."

"I promise, but if I'm being honest, she takes care of me more than I do her."

"Of course she does." He chuckles. "That's Eden for you."

"But seriously, thank you for giving me a chance. We may never be friends, but I love Eden, and I can only hope that one day you can accept me as family."

"We're on our way there." He smiles. "You take care and love my daughter. I can accept you as family."

"Thank you, Dad." I laugh.

"Okay, get the hell out of my office." He rolls her eyes. "Don't get carried away."

"On it." I walk over to the door, a wide smile on my face. "You won't hear that again."

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 ☽ 𝘉𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें