𝟯𝟳 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳

TW: Swearing, slight mistreatment, and lovey-dovey shit

[Everything I Wanted - Billie Eilish]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

The car ride here was unbearable to say the least. Eden kept stressing, switching the music channels on the radio, picking at her clothes, and tearing them, and constantly grabbing my hand, and squeezing it tightly. I tried my best to comfort for her, but there is only so much I can do when I feel just as bad as she does. It's the day after the phone call we had with Tony, and we are pulling up to the compound, our bodies filled with nerves. When I get to the gate, the security guard looks at me, nods his head and presses a few buttons to let us in. Just before I drive through the now open gates, he gives me a sympathetic look. I guess it's common knowledge that we had to leave when things got too bad. I've parked the car in my old spot where it usually sat collecting dust when I didn't use it, undo my seat belt, look up at the compound and sigh. I still have Eden's hand in my own, and I squeeze it, giving her as much comfort and motivation as I possibly can. She lets go of my hand, opens her car door, me doing the same, and we both begin to walk back into the compound.

When we walk back into our once home, we are greeted by majority of the team. They all have smiles on their faces, but they do not reach their eyes. Steve stands at the front of the group and walks over to me to give me a long, waited hug. I reciprocate the hug, having spent so much time apart from him. It may have only been a little over a week, but from being so used to constantly having him around, it felt longer. We both pull from the hug and Steve crashes Eden in a bear hug. She gets overwhelmed by the contact, and begins to cry in his shirt. He rubs her back comfortably as I walk over to Sam, shaking his hand as he greets me. I walk over to Clint and give him a thankful smile, as over this past week, he has been constantly checking in on Eden, making sure she is okay. I never asked him to do this, but as he sees Eden as Family, he needed to know she was okay for his own mind. The greetings are quickly cut short as booming footsteps echo from down the hallway. Everyone's heads turn and look in that direction, seeing Tony walk into the room with his arms folded over his chest. Trailing behind him is Pepper, a nervous smile on her face. She walks over to me, shaking my hand, gratefully, and pulls Eden into a loving hug. With tears already streaming down her face, Eden breaks down further, having to pull out a tissue from her pocket and drying her eyes. Tony doesn't move from his position, instead watches the situation with cautious eyes. And with everybody being reacquainted with each other, the team begin to fizzle out of the room, going back to the day. Now, with just me, Eden, Pepper, and Tony left in the room, the air quickly becomes thick.

"Pepper, can you give us a minute, please? This is between us." Tony orders.

"Of course." She leaves the room.

"So," you could cut the tension with a knife. "Who wants to go first?" Tony asks.

"This isn't a game, dad. We are taking this seriously, so you should too." Eden rolls her eyes.