𝟮𝟳 𝘈 𝘚𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘵 𝘐𝘯 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘜𝘴

TW: Angst and mistreatment

[My Tears Are Becoming An Ocean - M83]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Once again, Eden offered to cook the team dinner as they are filled up to their eyeballs with new information about HYDRA from a past mission. Tony just wanted to order some burgers and fries to the compound, but both Steve and Eden have been berating him for the amount of fast food he's had this month. He kept rolling his eyes until Eden brought up that he will need to be fit and healthy to save the world. Despite what everyone says, Tony does care about his job, so he accepted Eden's offer to make a healthy meal. She sent the cook home once again, letting her go back home to her family. That chef is one of the luckiest employees in the compound, I swear. And, it's all down to Eden.

I sneak away from the lab, watching everyone highlight key information on the papers, passing them to Tony and Bruce for them to add to the document on the computer. The compound is empty and everyone is distracted, so I make my way into the kitchen. I watch from the doorframe, my arms crossed over my chest and a wide smile on my face, as Eden chops vegetables and add them to a salad bowl. She has yet to notice my presence, so I stalk over to her and wrap my arm around her waist, tucking my face into her neck and inhaling her natural scent. She places the knife down and grabs one of my hands from her waist, holding it in her own. The other hand sturs one of the pans with chicken in it, adding salt and spics. She's really skilled and talented, and I admire her work for a while, no one needs to say a word to each other, just our presence is enough. She reaches up to grab something from a cabinet, her t-shirt riding up her thighs and showing off her tiny black shorts. I gulp at the sight, my hands uncontrollably reaching down to the top of her thighs, my palms on top of the skin.

"Careful there, lover boy." She chuckles. "Someone could walk in and see us."

"Not possible. Everyone is busy with the new information."

"Why aren't you helping?" She asks. "You're going on the next mission, right?"

"Yeah, but I came to see you." I smile. "And, besides, no one will notice that I'm gone. And, if they do, I'll just say that I went to the toilet."

"Then, you can't be here too long." She turns around.

"Well, then I need to make the most of our time together, don't I?"

"I believe so." She beams.

I lean down and capture her lips against my own, for the first time in a while not being needy or sexual. It's sweet and soft. Usually, we can't be in the same room with each other without wanting to rip each other's clothes off, but recently, this has become more than just sex and small feelings. I want to spend every waking moment with her, doing anything and everything. Don't get me wrong, I want to constantly have my hands and lips on her, but not just to have sex. I want to make her smile and laugh, god I love the sound of her laugh. I want to take care of her, hold her when she cries, and be the last person to love her. God, I'm really down bad, aren't I? I want her to be the first person I see when I wake up, and the last person I see before I go to bed.

"What the fuck?" A shriek voices through the kitchen.

Eden and I quickly pull away from each other, eyes wide and panic swimming through our bodies. Standing in the doorway of the kitchen, his eyes wide and lips stuck in a thin line, is Tony. He stalks into the room, and grabs Eden by her arm, pulling her away from me. She struggles against his hold, eventually getting out of his grasp before he can get her out of the room.

"Don't touch me." She shouts.

"Don't you start," Tony warns. "I will talk to you if I want to, now you either walk out of this room or I will make you."

"No, whatever you have to say, you can say in front of Bucky."

"Bucky?" Tony is taken aback.

"Yes, Bucky."

"What part of stay away from Barnes did you not understand?"

"You don't have a say in every part of my life, Dad." Eden places her hands on her hips. "I can be around whoever I want to."

"But why him?" Tony shouts. "You know how I feel about him."

"Exactly, you." She waves her arms about." That's your opinion. Not mine. I got to know Bucky, you didn't. I'm allowed to be friends with whoever I want, you don't have a say in that."

"You must be pretty good friends." Tony scoffs. "I don't go around kissing all of my friends like that."

"Don't be a dick."

"A dick?" He shakes his head. "I'm the one being rude? How about you not listening to me, that's pretty rude."

"I don't have to! I can and I will be friends with Bucky, that has nothing to do with you. You can't change that."

"No." He deadpans.

"No?"

"No, I won't allow it. If you want to be rebellious, then I will hit you right back. I am your father and you will listen to me. I don't want you around him, I don't like him or trust him, and neither should you. You will listen to me when I say that you are not allowed to be anywhere near him."

Tony storms out of the kitchen, not happy that he's not getting his way for once. Eden holds herself together until he is all the way down the hallway, not wanting Tony to know that he has broken her, and then breaks down. I quickly wrap my arms around her, pulling her in for a hug, and she tucks her head into my shirt. I rub her back, trying to comfort her, but knowing that ultimately it is useless. We were so terrified that Tony would fight me, ending in someone getting hurt, that we didn't think of the possibility of him using his power to keep us apart. This conversation was just him ringing the doorbell, and I dread to think what he might do next.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Someone asks.

"No," I look over at Clint.

"What's going on? I just saw Tony slam his bedroom door."

"Don't worry, Clint." Eden lifts her head.

"Is this about you two?"

"What?" I ask.

"It's pretty obvious there is something going on between you two."

"Huh?"

"You think I didn't notice the difference in Eden's mood after you came to the compound?" He smiles. "It's nice, I like the look you have on your face. I used to look like that when Laura and I started dating."

"You knew this entire time, and you didn't try an stop it?" Eden questions.

"No, why would I? It's none of my business."

"Thank you, Clint." Eden smiles, but it still doesn't give me enough hope that everything will be okay.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT