𝟯𝟱 𝘖𝘯 𝘔𝘺 𝘒𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘴

TW: Mistreatment

TW: Mistreatment.

[Oh My God - Alec Benjamin]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

It's barely been a week, and we are both extremely bored. I've lost time as every day passes, but all I know is that every day gets harder than the last. We've both kept in contact with a few of the team members, them seeming more affected by our absence than we are. Steve told me that they had to go on a mission, and the HYDRA base was huge, the team needed as much manpower as they can get, but Tony would rather kean over and die than let me come on a mission with him. Steve did give me an update on the mission when he got back to the compound, but it just made me feel worse. We've been stuck in the hotel room, repeating the same actions every day.

Wake up.

Cry.

Eat.

Sleep.

Repeat.

Today is no different. Eden and I are sitting on the bed, leaning against the headboard, watching some crap TV show that was on a streaming service, and eating fast food for the second time this week. We started saying that we would just order room service, but the first time, we woke up in the middle of the night from crying and the hotel wasn't taking orders, so I went out and got us some Chinese food. Today, I went down the street to the laundromat, and when I was done, I walked past a burger place, really wanted some greasy fries, so I called Eden for her order and bought us some dinner. The burger wrappers are scattered over the duvet, the cups standing on the nightstands, and the fries buckets tipping over the bed. When Eden is finished, she leans back, slowly rubbing her stomach.

"You alright?" I ask, food stuffed in my mouth.

"I'm stuffed. I can't have anymore."

"Don't worry, you don't gotta." I laugh.

"Sometimes I forget I don't have the same size stomach as you."

"I know you do." I chuckle. "Give me five minutes, let my metabolism kick in, and I could eat another 2 burgers."

"Okay," She rolls her eyes. "No need to brag, big guy."

"Sorry, it must just be my super soldier tendencies."

"Shut up, you are such a-"

Eden is interrupted by the sound of a loud ringtone, her phone vibrating against the wooden bedside table. We both look at the phone, our eyebrows raised. Eden leans over and grabs her phone, looks at the screen, and her mouth drops open. I shift on the bed, seeing the screen light with one name.

Dad.

Eden looks up at me, silently asking me what she should do. We talked religiously about what we should do and eventually decided to wait for Tony to contact us. But, if I'm being honest, that was a pipe dream. I never expected him to actually do it, so I have no idea what to do. If we do answer the phone, then this could turn into a screaming match, but if we don't, then we will never know what he wanted to say. I nod my head at Eden, encouraging her to answer the phone. She listens to me, pressing the green button and putting her phone on speaker.

"Eden, are you there?" His voice speaks.

"Yes."

"We need to talk, E." He sighs. "I need you to come back so we can talk. I don't want to do this over the phone."

"Why? So you can shout at me again?"

"No, Eden." He grumbles. "Look, I'm trying here."

"Yeah, but for who? For Pepper? For you? For me and Bucky?"

"Pepper did talk to me about this, but I want you back." He frets.

"You want me back, but not Bucky."

"I don't know if I can." He babbles.

"Then I'm not coming back. No Bucky, then no me."

"Eden please." He pleads.

"No, what would you even want to talk about? You don't accept me and Bucky."

"We can talk about that." He begs.

"That is a pointless conversation, Dad. You need to see the consequences of not even trying to accept this. I'm not going to rock back up and get down on my knees and start begging you. This is my choice, and I'm staying here, whether you like it or not."

Eden hangs up the call, drops her phone on the bed, and places her head in my hands, sighing. I start rubbing her back, grab her phone and place it back on the nightstand. I know I can't comfort her, she is most likely going to cry herself to sleep, and I will be here for her. But, there isn't much I can do. I could beg Tony to listen to us, but he won't do that. And, even if he did, it wouldn't do much help at this moment. He is clearly not willing to accept us and even refuses to have me in the compound. He won't let me on missions when this is my chance for a redemption arc. But, my biggest concern is Eden. This is her father, her family, her blood, someone who she is supposed to look up to. And, because of us, she may never be able to see him again.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT