𝟮𝟴 𝘐'𝘮 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘥 𝘎𝘶𝘺 𝘈𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦

TW: Swearing, angst, and mistreatment

[Unsteady - X Ambassadors]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"You don't listen to me, anyway!" Tony screams. "I can't trust him around you."

"You are so delusional!" Eden fight back. "I trust Bucky, my opinion has nothing to do with you. Why can't you just give him a chance?"

I'm sitting in the group living room, trying my best not to eavesdrop on Tony and Eden's conversation down the hall. They've been arguing for a while now in Tony's office, the door wide open. At one point, Steve, Sam, Clint, Natasha, and Wanda walked into the living room with pitiful looks on their faces, obviously hearing the argument and knowing that something bad is going to happen. They sat down on the couch with me, trying to comfort me but my mind is solely focused on the two voices down the halls. I can practically hear Eden's tears in her voice and the anger spilling off of Tony.

"Why should I? He hurt me, he hurt you. Why can't you see that? He is ruining my family all over again."

"No, you are." Eden jabs. "I'm begging you to at least try and see him for who he is. He makes me happy, Dad."

"No, he doesn't, he can't. It's not possible. He is a monster."

"Yes, he can." Eden's voice raises. "He does. He is not a monster, he didn't choose what happened to him. He was forced, he isn't the person you think he is."

"I don't care what he couldn't choose. He still took away my parents, your grandparents."

"I know that, Dad. But, he apologized. He is making up for all the bad shit he has done. He is fighting for his life every time you go on missions."

"Everyone on the team does, he isn't special."

"But, he's scared." She defends. "He doesn't have to go back to the HYDRA bases, but he goes. Not just for him, but for you. For everyone. He wants them gone just as much as you."

"Wow, what a hero," Tony says sarcastically.

"This isn't a joke, Dad." I can hear her eye roll. "You are trying to ban me from being with him. You won't even try to see how happy he makes me. Everyone else can, why can't you?"

"I'm not trying to, I am." The room goes silent. "If I have anything to say about it, you won't be in the same room as him for the rest of your life."

"No, no." Footsteps come from down the hallway. "I won't let you ruin the one good thing I have in my life."

Those footsteps get closer to the room until we see Eden storm into the living room, not looking at any one of us on the couches. I can hear her sniff and see the tears on her face not drying as she gets a glass of water from the kitchen. Everyone on the couch looks at me as if to say go and do something. But, I've never been in this situation before. Any time I was in a 'relationship' in the 40s, it never got to the point of meeting their parents. And even if it did, I didn't have the reputation that I do now. The worst things that were being said about me were that I would play you or use you. Walking into this situation blind, I follow Eden as she tries to walk back into her bedroom. I know what I need to do.

Eden makes it to her bedroom, trying to shut the door, but I push it open and walk inside. She turns around to look at me and she bursts into tears. I run over to her, pulling her into a hug, trying my best to comfort her, but I know there is only so much I can do. She gets out of my hold and sits down on her bed. I follow her actions and grab her hand.

"We need to talk." I sigh.

"I know, but I can't right now. Can we just sit here, together?"

"I want to, believe me, I don't want to do this. But, I need to."

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"I'm the problem, and I hate that." I look down at my lap. "I came here to try and make up for all the bad things I've done, even though I know that I will never be able to do that, I can try. But, right now, I'm doing the opposite of that. I can't do this anymore."

"What are you trying to say?" Tears are already falling down her face.

"I can't do this anymore. We can't."

"No, no. Please." She begs.

"I can't. I don't want to do this, but I know that it's the right thing to do."

"No, it's not." She shakes her head. "If we do, then my Dad wins. Then you are making him happy."

"I don't care about him, I care about you, and I see how I'm ruining your relationship with him."

"No, we've always been like this. We've never had the best relationship since I was a kid. He's always been absent in my life, we've never had a good relationship."

"But you can. Now that you are here, and he will listen, you can have that relationship with him. I'm just in both of your way."

"I don't want that with him, you are more important to me." She pleads.

"Why?" I stand up from the bed. "Why are you so adamant to fight for me? For me?"

"Because you are the best thing I have in my life. I've never felt like this in my entire life."

"But, he's right. I ruined your family."

"No, that wasn't you." She stands from the bed as well.

"It was still my hands. Your dad's right, you should hate me."

"But, I don't."

"But, I do." I sigh. "I can't do this anymore. I can't be the bad guy anymore, Eden."

"You're not." She sobs. "You don't have to do this." She grabs my hand.

"I do." I let go of her hand. "I need to. You need to forget about me."

"I can't. How can I forget about you when you're here, your walking around the same building that I live in?"

"You have to, if not for me, then for you." I walk over to the door. "We can't see each other anymore, it's over." I walk out of the room, hearing her crying through the door.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT