𝟭𝟴 𝘍𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴

TW: Mistreatment

TW: Mistreatment

[Never Say Never - The Fray]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"You stay away from him, do you hear me?"

Eden storms off into the compound, not looking back. Tony seems annoyed at her reaction, turning to glare at me. Under his gaze, I feel vulnerable, but that is the least of my worries at the moment. I need to check if Eden is okay. Not only did Tony annoy her, but she was overwhelmed by her worries about the mission. I don't blame her, so was I. Steve hands me my bag and I jog over to the doors, watching Steve and Tony discuss the mission behind me. I have no clue where she went after she fled, but I have an idea where I can find her. A few of the group are huddled in the kitchen, grabbing bottles of water or snacks before dinner. But, no Eden.

Now, I'm stuck.

I really need to see her, but I know both she and Steve will jump up my ass if I don't go to the lab and get checked out. So, finding her will have to wait. I make my way over to the lab, seeing Dr Cho ready with the equipment and a notepad under her arm. I've never liked getting a check-up, but since being a hamster in HYDRA's hands, I absolutely hate it. Dr Cho seems nice, but so did the doctor in the base, until he sliced my arm and injected unknown liquids into my bloodstream. She waves me over to the chair and I hesitantly sit down in it, squeezing my hands in fists with anxiety. Crescent moon shapes are embedded into my palms, but I don't care, it's helping.

The door slams open, and I fully expected Steve to walk in and start ordering Dr Cho around. But, instead, Eden sighs with relief when her eyes land on me. She doesn't seem to care that Dr Cho can see her caring about me. Friends can care about other friends. She pulls a seat beside me and watches as Dr Cho cleans my neck, the cuts are not too deep that it needs stitches. Once the cuts are clean, Dr walks into her office inside the lab, shutting the door behind her. Eden quickly grabs my hand, making me look over at her.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I should be asking you that."

"I already said I was fine. I'm more worried about you."

"I'm okay," She frowns. "It's just my dad being himself."

"I know, I heard."

"Well, don't listen to him."

"How can I not?" I place my other hand on top of hers. "He's warning you about me."

"Because I'm not going to." Her eyes are stern. "He doesn't know you like I do. He's just scared."

"Of me."

"Maybe, I don't know. But, either way, I'm not going to listen to him. Neither should you."

"Okay." I don't sound convinced. "I'll try."

Dr Cho walks back into the room with a clipboard in her hand. She tells me a few different ways in how I can keep the cuts clean and what not to do for about a week to let it heal. I'm not sure if she knows that I naturally heal much quicker than the average human, but I let her speak. She excuses herself and Eden and I walk out of the lab, seeing that everyone is already gathered at the dining table. Three spaces are left unoccupied, and Eden and I walk over to take them. But, before we can, Tony takes my usual seat beside Eden.

"Dad?" Eden seems taken aback.

"I need to be near Steve. We have to talk about the mission." He tries to defend.

It's painfully obvious that he is lying, and both Eden and I can tell. I think the entire team can as well. Steve looks guilty as he watches Tony sit in the chair beside Eden. She doesn't take a seat, instead looking at me, silently asking me what to do. I shake my head at her, and she hesitantly sits down. The chef places plates in front of everyone as I walk over to the other side of the table, sitting at the head. No one dares to speak, looking down at their plates and beginning their meals. I have to refrain from rolling my eyes at their cowardly actions. I wouldn't be able to stand up to Tony, but anyone else could. Steve would be able to put him in his place, but instead, he watches the food go from his fork to his mouth. Tony and Steve aren't even discussing the mission. Looking down at my plate, I've completely lost my appetite. I'm sitting in a room with the world's strongest and most courageous superheroes, but not a single one of them is willing to stand up to Tony who is trying to pull his daughter away from me.

I'm not that bad, right?

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT