Why So Much Chaos?

Omniscient P.O.V.

Miranda belly continued to grow as the weeks went by. She was working just as hard at the hospital as before and Marcus had been balancing work and his home life better. Today was a regular day before things went south. Devon and Marcus were out handling business while Miranda was at work.

After leaving a long surgery, miranda was on her way to do some rounds with callie and mark. On their way to their patients room they heard a loud bang. All of them quickly looked around rushing into a empty patient room. Callie and miranda ran into the bathroom, while mark shut the door and looked out for what it could've been. He soon saw an older man heading their way with a gun in hand. Mark quickly told the girls to stay quiet and hid under the bed. The man walked into the room and noticed the white coat peeking under the bed. He grabbed Marks leg pulling him out from under the bed.

" Who else is in here with you?" the man spat angrily

" No one, i swear"

The man shot mark in the abdomen before leaving out the room. After they heard his steps going down the hall. Miranda and Callie walked out to find Mark sitting up struggling to stand up.

"Oh my gosh Mark!" callie said quickly running to check the wound

Miranda grabbed some bandages that were left in the room and tried to patch him as best as they could. Callie peaked out the door and noticed most of everyone evacuated. She sent a small text to a group chat that contained everyone they were friends with at the hospital.

Work Family

Callie
Is anyone still in the hospital? Me, Mark, and Bailey are in a empty patient room. Mark was shot but he should be fine.

She waited patiently for a response. Everyone said they had evacuated and that their were a handful of nurses and staff unaccounted for.Callie thought of the exits and how they could get out when she heard another shot, this time closer. She quickly thought about the storage room that was two doors down that had a lock on it. She told Miranda and Mark , they both agreed its be safer. She checked the hall before her and miranda helped mark get to his feet . They quickly made it into the storage room and locked the door. Miranda laid Mark on the ground as he hissed in pain.

" I know I do plastics but this is really starting to hurt." mark said hissing in pain

Miranda checked his wound nd noticed he started bleeding more, the bullet likely moved and they would need to get it out.

" Crap, I have to take the bullet out. Mark, you think you can handle it?"

" Of course."

" Callie get me some tools I can use."

Callie modded looking through the storage while miranda got prepared to cut him open. As she got to work on him, callie received a couple texts.

Work Family

Derek
They said theres three gunmen. Gets somewhere with a locked door and be on the lookout.

Callie
We made it to a storage room.

She checked the second text from Devon.

Devon
Saw the news, are you good?
Callie?
Me and Marcus are coming to pick yall up?
Where are yall?

Callie
We're in a storage room with mark. He got shot and one of the gunmen is on our hall.

She put her phone away telling miranda they were on their way and talked to mark until miranda was done.

" Okay, You should be fine. I got the bullet out and stopped the bleeding."

" Uhhh, Miranda I know im not the smartest but are you okay?"

" What?"

" Miranda your bleeding." callie said pointing at her legs as miranda stood up.

Miranda stood there frozen. Mark and Callie shared a look thinking of what it could be.

" It cant be her period, thats too much blood. She would only bleed that much if she was pregnant and having a mis-" Callie stopped her words as Marks eyes widened and they looked at her.

"Miranda, sit down please." Mark said getting up and touching her arm softly.

She just shook her head as tears finally left her eyes.

" NO NO NO NO NO NO" was all she repeated.

Mark quickly hugged her as she cried and callie joined in to comfort her friend. After a while they heard gunshots and they quickly ended.

" Miranda!!! Callie!!! Mark!!!" two voices repeated

Callie recognized the voice of marcus and Devon. She opened the door and yelled were here as they ran towards them. Both men checked callie as she said she was fine. She told Devon to help with Mark. And Marcus made his way to miranda. He noticed the blood on her legs and how much she was crying into marks chest.

" Marcus is here,Miranda." mark said slowly letting her go.

She turned to face him as he looked at her with panic and quickly escorted the crew outside.

" Im so sorry" miranda whispered to him as someone checked on her

Marcus just held her hand, hoping that he was wrong about what he was thinking.

At Amarahs house....

Her daughter was with her grandparents for the summer. She was sitting in bed wearing a silk nightgown with nothing underneath. She had a long silk press and was slipping on a robe getting ready to go to the basement. As she made way downstairs she heard a knock. Letting out a groan she checked the door.

" You Are?" she asked with attitude

" Wheres Benjamin, he's my brother?"