Who Did It?

My bad y'all... I forgot about this story and didn't know how I wanted to continue it but, Im back and will be trying to update more

Omaniscient P.O.V.

Devon took miranda to work and followed her closely around the entire day. He got a text from Marcus saying he went to Aja's place but she wasn't there. He said this weekend they would go find her and handle business. Miranda had been a little on edge and would ask about the box but he stayed silent. Her shift was over so they headed back home. In the car she kept looking in the side view mirror and pulling on her fingers. He made a mental note to ask Marcus about it.

"Devon, why was that box there, who sent it, & why are you being so quiet about it?"

" Miranda ask Marcus, he'll tell you if he wants to."

" Devonnnn"

"Miranda just know that we got you, you don't have to worry."

She nodded as they pulled into the garage. Devon headed to his room while miranda headed into hers.

" Hey baby, how was work?" marcus asked kissing her

" Tell me about the box."

" Miranda" marcus sighed

" Just tell me."

" Fine, Aja sent the box. It was a threat on your life because she doesn't want me with you."

Miranda took a deep breathe and headed to the bathroom. She locked the door before taking a long shower. When she was done she slipped on a a bra and some matching panties before she had a sudden urge to throw up.

" Baby, you okay in there?" marcus asked trying to turn the knob

" Im fine"

She brushed her teeth and rinsed her mouth out before opening the door to a worried Marcus.

"Baby you sure your okay?"

" Yes, im positive. Just a little uneasy seeing as someone wants to kill me." she brushed past him getting into bed

He sighed and got into bed behind her.

" No one's going to hurt you baby. I got you. If someone even tries they'll be dead."

She nodded as he kissed her cheek and draped his arm around her waist.

Devon P.O.V.

A couple hours later...

I got a call from one of our members that there was a shooting at one of our warehouses. I sent a quick text to marcus letting him know what happened and where i'd be. On my way there I noticed a car trailing me. I called one of our trusted Men*Terry* as I stopped at a light.

" Wassup man."

" Hey, Theres a car trailing me at- " before I could finish shots were being fired at my car I grabbed my gun trying to shoot back and they quickly pulled off.

" HEY MAN WHERE YOU AT?!" I could hear being yelled through the phone. Before I could answer my eyes started to feel heavy and my breathing started to slow down and then everything went black.

Omniscient P.O.V.

" Hey locate Devons phone and get help there now and send our trusted men down there. I gotta call the boss."

He went to call marcus and it took 2 rings for him to answer.

" Its 4 in the morning man, someone better be dead."

" Boss its Devon , he called me saying someone was trailing him and before he could tell me where there were shots, we're tracking his phone now."

" WHAT?! Send me his location as soon as you get it."

" Okay boss, Im sending it now."

Marcus hopped up slipping on clothes as he read the text Devon sent. It had to have been a set up, thats the only explanation. But that would mean someones a traitor.  He quickly shook miranda filling her in as she slipped on clothes. An ambulance picked up Devon and took him to a nearby hospital and Marcus met them there. As he waited in the lobby, he called Terry telling him to find the people who did this. Terry had been working for him since he became head of the mafia. He was practically family and he knew he would get the job done. He sat done next to miranda and held her hand as tears fell down his face. She quickly embraced him telling him everything would be okay but would it? Devon was his best friend, his brother, his right hand man, it would devastate him to see his friend gone. Whoever it was, was going to pay and Marcus was gone make sure of it.