Is He Over Her?

Miranda P.O.V.

She woke up to marcus still asleep laying on her chest. She slowly moved from under him and made her way to the bathroom. She showered and freshened up for a day at work. She couldn't lie she was nervous, It had been a while since she did surgery. She slipped on a hoodie, jeans, and some crocs. She made her way to the bed giving marcus a quick kiss. Before she could leave he grabbed her arm and pulled her in for another kiss.

" Have a good day at work" marcus said in his gruff morning voice that made miranda wet

"you too" she said trying to regain composure and grabbed her purse heading out the door

As she got in the car she took a couple breaths and headed to the hospital. Walking in the hospital she was met with people greeting her and callie with a smile on her face.

" Soooo how does it feel to be back?" Callie asked as they made their way to the OR board.

" Im nervous, its been a while but luckily i only have two surgeries today anddd they are with you." she said with a smile

" Dont worry, you are a surgey god. Are you ready for lunch?" callie asked with a raised eyebrow

Miranda knew what she was hinting at and honestly she wasn't ready at all. Miranda was a confident woman at the hospital but outside it, she wasn't confident. She hated to admit it but she was worried about Aja. She was attractive and she obviously still meant something to marcus and affected him. He still acted off and she was worried about what aja's return could do to their relationship. It was a minute before she responded to callies question.

" I dont know, Im worried."

" About what miranda?"

" What will happen, marcus has been acting distant since she made her appearance."

Callie nodded in understanding and gave miranda a hug.

" Well, Marcus is a smart man and you have nothing to worry about. Now lets go before we're late to surgery."

Miranda nodded and walked with callie. She really wanted to believe Callie but, within one appearance it was like marcus was different. She could only hope that he was over her, or was he? she pondered. It would explain his behavior but it wouldnt calm her nerves and quiet her thoughts.

After hours of a successful surgery. Callie and Miranda made their way to the entrance of the hospital. A black suv pulled up and the window  rolled down to show Devon with a mischievous smile. Getting out the car he greeted the ladies.

" You girls ready for some "snooping"?" he said with a chuckle.

" Im driving and your in the back." Callie said rolling her eyes

Devon just laughed and opened the doors for the ladies before getting in the back. It was a short drive before they ended up in the neighborhood. Callie parked the car across the street as they watched Aja's house. For some reason she had her blinds open so you could see into her living room and kitchen. She was wearing a tight crop top and some booty shorts. She had a thick frame, what she was lacking in the front she definitely was packing in the back. She was dark skin with curly black hair that stopped at her shoulders. She had brown eyes, a slim face, and full plump lips. Miranda felt a sudden wave of insecurity hit her as she watched the woman move around her living room cleaning. They sat their for 15 minutes before they headed back to the hospital. Devon and callie made small talk but miranda was lost in her thoughts. They made it to the hospital as they all got out the car. Miranda headed into the building as callie talked to devon.

" Okay Devon, find me as much information as you can on her." Callie said in a authoritative tone

Devon laughed and stepped closer to callie moving his mouth near her ear.

" I don't usually let women order me around, except for in the bedroom. But you, could order me around anywhere." he said in a whisper before kissing her cheek and getting in the driver seat and pulling off.
Callie smiled and headed into the hospital to find miranda. She found her prepping for surgery and callie did the same.

" So whats on your mind bailey?"

" Nothing , Im just thinking."

" Your an beautiful and amazing woman miranda, dont forget it."

Miranda smiled and they headed into the Or to perform their last surgery. The surgery was successful, the patient's heart stopped but they were able to resuscitate the patient and finish the procedure. Miranda got dressed and grabbed her things heading home. It was around 11 and she was still thinking about Aja and Marcus. When she got home she headed upstairs to shower and change into some sweats and a t shirt. She turned on Law & Order Svu as she waited for marcus to return. She heard a knock on the door before devons head peacked in.

" Hey, Didnt mean to interrupt but have you heard from marcus. He never told me when he would be back."

" No , but I can call him and see."

" Okay, Just let me know if you find out."

Devon left as miranda picked up her phone and called marcus. After a couple rings he answered.

" Hello." a female voice said

Miranda recognized that voice but didnt want to think much of it.

" Is Marcus there?"

" Why you asking?"

Miranda eyes started watering as she heard marcus in the background.

" Why tf you answering my phone Aja."

He sounded a little tipsy but miranda was too upset to care. She hung up the phone and cried herself to sleep.

OMNISCIENT P.O.V.

Marcus was at a bar with an old friend from school when Aja popped up. He just couldn't catch a break. Afrer she answered his phone he snatched it away to see who called.

" Shit!" He said as he rushed to the exit making his way back home.

When he got home he headed upstairs to find miranda asleep. He showered and got in bed with her and tried to lay behind her before she sat up. She had her arms crossed and he could see she had been crying.

" I can explain." marcus said as she rolled her eyes

" Oh, really? Explain then."

" I was at a bar she showed up. I was tipsy she answered my phone and then I left."

" HOW DID SHE ANSWER YOUR PHONE ,HUH?"

" IT WAS ON THE TABLE, OKAY? I left right after that."

" So you expect to believe me that?"

" YES, ITS THE TRUTH."

" SO YOUR NOT STILL ATTRACTED TO HER OR WANT HER?!"

" NO MIRANDA WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

" DONT PLAY WITH ME MARCUS YOU'VE BEEN ACTING WEIRD SINCE SHE SHOWED UP."

" THAT DONT MEAN I WANT HER."

" SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN"

" I DONT KNOW, okay. I dont know." he said as he sat on the bed with his head in his hands

Tears slipped down Miranda's eyes.

" Do you want her and be honest marcus"

" I dont know,okay. All i know is I want you. But, her being back is bringing up old feelings that i just want to get rid of."

Miranda nodded wiping away the tears that had fell and headed to the door.

" Where are you going?" he asked standing up

" The guest room, maybe you'll figure out who you want." she said as she left

Marcus sighed before laying in the bed thinking about miranda and his life.