Why Now?

BENS POV

It had been a week since the accident and she finally woke up.

Ben was walking down the hall the room with flowers in his hand and laughed to himself as he heard her yelling at the nurses and interns.

"Hey ben, I need to speak with you before you go in" derek said

" No, Im going to see my wife you can tell me after." ben said about to walk off

Derek stopped him grabbing his arm, " thats the thing warren, she doesn't remember you.."

"What do you mean she doesn't remover me, Im her husband"

"It seems she suffered memory loss from the crash and we don't know how long it'll be before she can remember anything else... so just take it easy on her, okay?"

"yea, okay" ben said heading to her room but stopping at the doorway

"are you just gonna stand there like a creep or what" miranda said in an annoyed tone.

" umm hi, these are for you" ben said handing her the flowers

" thanks but i don't take flowers from strangers "

" did they tell you?"

" i suffered memory loss couldn't have been too much to miss, since everyones acting like it's nothing"

" Im you husband, Benjamin Warren"

" Husband?!"

"yea umm i can show you pictures if you want"

" yea , do you mind me asking how long have we been together?"

" 6 years" ben says as he shows her pictures they took over the years

" wow i look happy, look i know your my husband and all but when i get out of here i want to get my own place or stay with Callie until... i don't know."

" i understand, but i would be much more comfortable knowing my wife is being taken care of at home."

MIRANDA POV

miranda stared at ben like he had 3 heads.

" hey bailey" said derek entering the room with callie, mark, and the interns close behind.

"don't hey me sheperd, you didn't inform me of my husband of 6 years"

" well bailey when i tried to tell you , you didn't believe me."

"i-"

" don't even think about lying bailey" callie said cutting her off

Miranda rolled her eyes as the interns laughed.

" Okay guys i need to talk to bailey and warren" webber said directing everyone out the room, shutting the door behind them he turned to ben before looking at bailey.

"What man" bailey said with her arms crossed.

" Ben is your husband and i think it is best for your care and to jog your memory to stay with him."

" excuse me richard webber i don't know him."

" so , get to know him... you're going home with him wether you like it or not and if you try to go to callie's shes dropping you off at your home."

" Fine only because you guys insist and because he is handsome"

Ben and richard chuckled while miranda sat with her lips pursed.

" What do you wanna say" Richard asked

"Why are you so sure he'll keep me safe"

" He's a firefighter and he loves you, now get some rest and i mean it Mandy". Miranda rolled her eyes and scoffed as she watched him leave

" Well i'm going to go ill be back tomorrow to take you home" ben said getting ready to leave

" actually,can you stay?" she watched as he stopped moving and sat back down

" of course ill stay miranda" she smiled and blushed under his stare and they talked about the 6 years she cant piece