Victory and Losses

Meanwhile above the ground. Sora breathed in relief as the villain was put in shackles. Maybe he wasn't so much of a trouble, but he was persistent. I hope Yuu and the rest are alright. Now we can go after them. She said looking back at the mansion.

Just as Ryukyu told them to go after Nighteye and the rest, something weird happened. Sora's feet could no longer hold her. She felt heavy as though she was suddenly made of iron. Her red eyes flung towards the villain. Don't tell me. He was inhaling and absorbing their life force. But how? He isn't touching us?! The boosting drug? It couldn't be, Yuu said so himself. Even if it renders one's Quirk stronger, the conditions never change, unless...

Her eyes widened, realizing it as she struggled to sit up. The report was wrong! He doesn't have to touch his victims, they have to be within arm's length from him! But with the drug, the radius extends!

The man's size increased the shackles were no much for him anymore. He was getting stronger while they were getting weaker. As he pointed a punch at them, a transformed Ryukyu stopped him, protecting them.

Sora gritted her teeth when she looked up at the dragon fighting while she couldn't even lift her arm. Move! She yelled inwardly. Move! Move! They need you!

Feathers covered her arms and neck, she felt a little revitalized as more of her locked-away energy swept over her body. Wings held up high, she pushed herself to her feet despite her dizziness.

Hado was unleashing her energy at him when Sora went over to him, kicking him on the side of his head he fell to the ground, his giant head crumbling the fence where it had fallen.

" Hado-san! Let's keep attacking together!" She shouted as the man stood to his feet again, rubbing his head.

" I feel like some fly had touched me."

Fly! Sora swept at him angrily, this time using her formed claws to slash at him. Hado backed her up with her spiraling blows.

" Uraraka-san!" Sora looked away when she heard Midoriya's voice. However, as she saw him, something felt off. It took her a moment to notice it. Just one aura... that's not Midoriya!

But before she could warn the rest, they had already moved the man away. Sora couldn't linger behind, she joined Ryukyu and Hado as they slammed him against the asphalt of the intersection where the fake Midoriya pointed, only to fall down into a large distorted hall with spikes growing from its ground and its walls contorting.

There, they saw the real Midoriya, with his odd eight auras. Sora looked back just in time to see a member of the League of Villains skidding down the hole they had just dug. Was it their doing?

" Uravity-chan! Angie-chan!" Sora snapped back as Asui called her in a worried voice. As she looked beyond the smoke, she saw Nighteye lying face down, his left arm missing and a chunk of rock piercing his abdomen.

" Nighteye!"

" What happened here?"

But Midoriya as they passed them said nothing, only asking them to look after the injured man, although Sora could see he suffered deep injuries himself.

The three girls rushed to the man while Midoriya chased Chisaki. Sora didn't bother looking over he shoulders at what was happening between them, their priority was saving Nighteye's life. She tore away from the fabric of her costume and used the thread to stop the bleeding of his arm. Now that should give them some time. Just as she thought that Ryukyu's shadow was cast upon them as she used her body as a shield, just when a strong flow of gale filled the place.

The three girls huddled together so as not to get blown away by the impulse. This strength, Midoriya...

" What... just happened?" Ryukyu asked when everything went quiet.