Chapter 80: Oath of a Knight

Afterward... When asked, what happened at that moment, the God Ares would respond with.

"I'm ashamed to admit it... But allow me to be frank" answered the God of War with a serious face. "Not to brag, but as the God of War. I'm well, versed in the way of battle... When it came to my old man meteor jabs and divine axe, your average God will barely be able to see a shadow or the move, meanwhile, I'm capable of seeing it clearly,"

"Cab you follow this?" uttered Zeus, as he focus his energy on his right arm. "Let's find out!"

Taking a small cup of tea, Ares then raises one of his fingers.

"However... Are you ready? I swore upon the Gods that this is true, at that moment, even though... My eyes were fixated on the fight, I saw my old man raise his fist... And just as that thought crosses my mind, the next thing I knew..."

In the middle of the arena, there stands a crouched Zeus who poses his right hand above Arthur. Though there was something wrong with this image, is that the fact Zeus had lost his right arm. As the blood slowly falls like a waterfall from the decapitated position, beneath him lies his severed right hand along with Arthur holding a bloody Excalibur beneath Zeus.

"Was that his right arm has been severed by the king of knights," Ares explained.

In a state of shock, Arthur then takes a strong grip on Excalibur as the sword began to shine in the light. The sheer light that the sword had created nearly cover the entire arena, and almost blinded a few of the audience.

The blood that had covered the tips of the sword had begun to evaporate into mist, he then smash his feet to the ground before he let out another devastating attack. He uttered a few words that can only be heard by Zeus.

"First restraint, release...!" Arthur uttered.

He then swung Excalibur above him, and the sword that promise victory let out a small yet devastating light beam. The sheer heat of the beam alone manages to burn through the outer skin of Zeus' face, after releasing the attack Arthur then raises his gauntlet and lets out a powerful punch in the stomach, that punch alone ends up sending Zeus' entire body to kiss the ground.

Arthur stood there in front of the father of cosmo, waiting for him to stand back up and resume their battle. Even though he is fighting against the Gods that had cheated the roster that they created, he still holds his knightly honor and code when it came to a fair duel. Arthur did not mock nor does he attack him again, the king of knights is just waiting... Waiting for his foe to stand back up.

"This..." uttered the God of War in shock, as his hand was shaking.

With his shaking hand, he broke his small cup of tea and let out a powerful roar of a comment to the fighters.

"The hell!! What is the meaning of this!? How can a mere beam manage to take down father!?" Ares shouted in shock.

"Hmm... It appears that both the human and Excalibur power had exceeded our expectations," Hermes commented, though Ares was confused by the sudden statement.

Hermes then pulls a small stick out of his jacket and positions himself in the stance, that Arthur had taken.

"You see, even though it's a mere theory that I had come up with after watching the fight. I think that Excalibur had drawn outs its true power from the hopes that humanity had given since the first round was won by the human side, it's not rocket science to figure out that after Sigurd's victory had given them lots of hope to win Ragnarok,"

Taking a good grip on the stick, Hermes then imitated Arthur's movement from the fresh attack.

"My theory is... That Excalibur can become much stronger if humanity holds hopes, and adds more difficulty for our side. The King of knights not only held one but two powerful tools to win this fight against Zeus-sama,"