chapter 24: My Final Oath (Rewrite)

"Don't think yourself so highly mongrel," Gipgamesh shouted, activating the Gate of Babylon behind him.

In an instant, weapons started to fly out of the gate and head toward where Shirou was. In response, Shirou then picked up an axe that was stuck on the ground, and he then began to deflect and destroy all of the Noble Phantasm sent flying toward him, by Gilgamesh. But the king of heroes who saw this summoned more weapons from his Gate of Babylon and fired them at Shirou in multiple directions. Looking at his surrounding Shirou began dodging and blocking all of the Noble Phantasms.

Takes his time destroying and blocking all of the attacks, both he and the weaponry of the King of Heroes. Manage to create a small fog around his surroundings, he then takes this chance to throw his axe focusing some of his strength on his arm. He then flung the axe at high speed toward Gilgamesh, Sadly the axe itself didn't land a single scratch on the King of Heroes, yet that axe served as a distraction.

A distraction for Shirou to summon one of his weaponry, while he was busy summoning one of his weapons. Gilgamesh himself didn't flinch nor fall back after nearly getting hit with an axe, rather the man himself flicked his finger. Stopping and deactivating all of the Gate of Babylon behind him, he then exchanges and composites those portals with even bigger ones. Slowly from the ripple of the golden portal, a giant edge reveals itself upon the world.

"Claíomh Solais..." Gilgamesh uttered.

Flicking his finger, the giant edge of the sword then began to shine through the distant darkness and snow of the hopeless world. This single giant sword is called the Claíomh Solais, the sword of light that derives from Irish mythology. The sword glowed in the light of the sun and was irresistible in battle, as the sword itself could cut through the enemy in half with ease.

Suddenly before the sword falls to the ground, Shirou reveals himself by swinging a giant sword through the fog. It reveal that he was now holding a giant black iron sword, which had many ancient words imprinted from the edge to the hilt. The sword itself that he's holding, Once it set its eyes upon the giant glowing edge, the sword began to radiate a powerful lust for battle and set itself on a blaze of magical energy, as the sword itself has now cloaked itself in a cloak of magical energy and bloodlust.

Stomping and shattering the ground with his foot, he then focuses most of his strength into both his arms and grip, as he then releases the powerful slash of the sword that he holds. The powerful slash of magical energy that he sent, made contact with the light sword from the sky. But rather than destroying the weapons, the slash itself forcefully set off the Gate of Babylon that was used to summon the weapon in the first place.

"Angurvadal," Shirou said.

A magical sword that derive from Norse Mythology, a sword that was inscribed with Runic letters, which blazed in time of war. But gleamed in the dim of light, in time of peace. This sword holds two main functions, to either cut and curse the enemy or forcefully disperse and cancel out a spell.

As the giant sword has been canceling, Shirou then grips the sword tightly. As he began to focus most of his strength on his right arm and channel his mana toward the fake Noble Phantasm. Without letting Gilgamesh utter any more trash-talking to him, he then throws the Broken Phantasm toward the king of heroes, with the speed that the sword had traveled Gilgamesh himself almost didn't notice the weapon.

If it weren't for one of his Noble Phantasms, as he already foresaw this future in his vision. As the attack keep getting closer to him at high speed, the king himself didn't even bat an eye toward the Broken Phantasm. Because a golden ripple from the portals, which were connected with the Gate of Babylon appears in front of him, summoning a stone shield to protect the king from the Broken Phantasm.